Possible solutions to hermies??

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by pollojunk, Feb 21, 2011.

1. Hello peeps, i have a situation. Hope you can help me out.

What would you do if 1 out of 2 flowering ladies (day 50) suddenly started poping balls within an otherwise fine looking bud. I just spotted some ball growth on the top of one my plants . They both still have some time to go to be done, but now i have a plant with 1-2 % balls. What would you do to correct or to get the most out of this situation.

Thank you all.

2. Separate the plants so that the hermie won't pollinate the female (if it hasn't already, and if the female doesn't hermie as well).

You can't "fix" a hermie problem, best you can do is pluck the bananas as you see them, but you will never see them all. If you have a separate place to grow the hermie you could grow it out there and harvest whatever bud you can when the time comes. Otherwise chuck it.

3. Only pay them half.

4. if its a smaller plant, just pluck the sacks, if its bigger move it so it doesnt pollenate the other female. the hermie will still have just as nice bud if it doesnt go to seed.

5. so i got some small tweezers and started plucking away. There were more than i had initially seen, but nothing to worry too much. The vast majority of what i plucked was still in the green banana shape. Only 3-4 sacks were starting to go yellow. None that i could find had exploded yet. Ive seen balls once they went puff and i got none of those yet here. So im thinking that the plucking might just have bought me a week. ill be on the look for new balls but having got all the ones big enough to be seen is gonna set back the pollinating process a bit.

The other lady seems fine, and i hope she keeps it that way. Id hate to get seed cuz i just had some collected from a friends indica male. If i was to get seed, i would have used that indica pollen with this sativa ladies.

About a week or 2 ago the small single cola looked far fatter than the other one. Now its starting to look like the spindly one is gonna end up packing more bud in the end. Its been an interesting grow this one, two very different plants cohabiting the same grow space. Lets you compare and ponder on things.

Thnx, ill let you know how things are going in a few days.