Possible solutions for the smell?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by foshaw, Aug 17, 2009.

1. I am very close to ordering the equipment for growing a couple of plants in my room. I have a big air conditioner to bring in air to the room, which is what i use when i smoke in my room, and it seems to work. Although, i am pretty certain that it will not combat the stench of the growing plants.

Has anyone used any air ionizers to cover the smell?

I don't want to start growing without a reasonable way to try and cover the smell. My room smells of green usually, and my parents don't say anything. I just don't want to run the risk of getting them asking lots of questions. So i'm just trying to do the research about this particular problem which seems to be the only thing holding me back from starting to grow.

If possible, I'd really appreciate some suggestions, or perhaps people saying from personal experience their methods of handling the smell.

2. air filters, exspensive but you wont have the problem, other less conventional methods are to masque the smell with others

3. yeah the stuff you would need like carbon scrubber things or whatever the shit they are , are expensive and i dont think you could buy many things too cheap that would cover the smell, the smell gets really intense even if your growing one plant

4. When you say cheap, what's cheap? I was only thinking about spending like £60 on an air purifier, one which has been recommended to me by a grower. I just wanted to ask for the opinion of others, as i was a bit hesitant hearing it that air purifier/ionisers work from just one person.

5. yeah try it out , it might not work but might as well give it a try

6. yeah that should work tbh its what their designed to do, clean air :)
    or you cld re-route sewage to your house which wld do the trick, but there are so many things wrong about that

7. Build your own carbon scrubber and just hook it up to your ventilation system. They take like 15 minutes to build and are easily reused. You just build a can and wrap a basic carbon filter around the frame -- easy.

ASIDE: This isn't meant to be offensive, but using the search function will save you so much time in the long run. So many new users on cannabis forums neglect to do research on their own. I was able to start growing without ever posting a question on this site. The information is all here, you just need to actually take the time to look and research.

For instance, a simple google search of "site:forum.grasscity.com diy carbon scrubber" yielded this as this second result:

http://forum.grasscity.com/grow-roo...other-diy-carbon-scrubber-less-than-40-a.html Looks like its in your price range maybe?

Hope this helps. Also, if you respect and love your parents, you won't grow in their home without their permission.

8. buy some of the listed items talked about here but also go for the cheapo cannabis insense sticks so if anyone does clock on then you can blame it on the insense. :D