Possible root rot, looking for opinions

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by gorilla420x, Jul 27, 2017.

1. I have 10 white widow autos in a diy wardrobe under 6 CFL's, they will be going outside soon..
    They are in a soil mix of John innes no.1 mixed with perlite, and a small amount of fish bone & blood and bone meal.
    They have just had their first feed of fox farm grow big, but the problems came before this feed..
    The temperature is around 30-33 degrees, it's as cool as I can get it at this time!

Does anyone have any ideas?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The set up:
    [​IMG]

2. looks like a calcium deficiency to me or maybe not enough air or oxygen to the roots. Containers seem small but I do autos and start in 3 Gallon Cloth Pots so idk. Best of luck!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

3. Thanks for reply, silly question but I guess my fox farm grow big should help fix that? It's my first time using this as used coco a+b previously in a hydro grow.

But from what I've read and what I can see it looks a lot like root problems to me, just hope they can hold off till Saturday night when they go outside in the ground!

4. #4 Vee, Jul 27, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
    way too much nute

avoid feeding for 4-6 weeks

water only ..IMO

but will need to potup soon

again no nutes until the nute burn clears

good luck

5. yeah ease up on the nutes, but didnt you say all you did was use Innes w/ Perlite, Fishbone and Blood meal? Thats not "nutrients" per se, why I thought it could be a lack of oxygen to the roots or yeah, just too much of something. Props man, keep at it

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

6. Yep, they've had no nutrients apart from the fish bone & blood and bone meal, had their first nutrient feed tonight just incase any deficiencies!

Still not sure what to do but I'm sure root problems can show in many ways and look like almost any problem from what I've read, they are over 2 weeks old so now is a good time to start feeding in my opinion..

Just hoping when they go outside it fixes the problems without turning them hermi for too much stress

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

7. Well if you think it is root rot. You can dillute some hydrogen peroxide and feed it to it for a few waters and if it gets better or stops getting worse..than its root rot.you can keep watering it with peroxide until harvest or you can invest in some root stuff that helps..it will be good to nip it soon.

Sent from my SM-S120VL using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. Peroxide won't hurt the plant!?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  9. I wouldnt want to hurt a marijuana plant..
    Just dillute it by like 20% or so..no it will not hurt your plant..i mean 15-25 % peroxide. The rest water..

10. You really cant hurt it with peroxide..if you tryed watering it with nothing but peroxide, it might start to get wierd but it would be hard to hurt it with peroxide..just be mindful and use your best judgememt

11. What's the main purpose of using peroxide?

12. Its a cheap way to first of help you decide wheather or not,you have root rot. And you can treat the root rot effectivley with a regular peroxide regimend..it will not cure the issue but you will be able to get by until harvest if its bad.. or if you have money to spend on root rot fixing nutes..those can be pricy

• Like Like x 2
  13. Interesting! Good stuff to know! Thank you

14. Where can you buy this peroxide stuff? And how much would I mix per gallon of water? 2-3 tea spoons?

Thanks for the info, not sure if it's root rot or just root problems but I'll soon see when it comes to taking them outdoors on Saturday!

15. Peroxide can be purchased from a Walmart or grocery store possibly a convenience store ...CVS or Walgreens..not sure what you have in your area as far as stores.

16. They have grown a fair bit since last nights feed.. Not sure if the problems have got any worse?! Had a little dig but couldn't see any roots and didn't want to disturb them so gave up.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Over night growth change;
    [​IMG]

17. Also I did notice a tiny fly in there, I couldn't get to it in time to kill it but I only saw one.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

18. Put about 1/4 cup per gallon..if it is root rot.it will not hurt it..if it isnt.it still wont hurt them.

• Like Like x 1
  19. They've got worse but better it's so strange!
    Any ideas?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]