Possible root rot in aero/DWC

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by johnnyoutlaw, May 19, 2010.

1. Well it dose sound as though you have a water problem. That RO system will help get rid of the crap in the water. A RO system is really needed when doing hydro as their is no medium to act as a buffer.

2. An RO system will do the trick if rejection waste water is a none issue for you. I would recommend replacing the RO's carbon filter with a KDF-85/GAC filter. KDF-85 is specially designed for well treatment and will correct the stinky hydrogen sulfide smell and remove heavy metals allowing the RO's membrane to function better. Depending on the type and size RO you get many KDF options are available. If you have trouble locating the correct filter I can assist.

3. thanks for the reply here is a pic of my sediment filter i put in about 5/6 weeks agoand man do i know for a fact it is the water now lmao wow.this is only alil over a months worth of filtering.note that this is only for what i use in the garden so not much water has been ran through it. the stuff in the filter i am posting is pretty much the same stuff building up in the rez..

i just hooked up the ro system with the di and it is running really slow and the first filter is already turning this red/clay brown as this filter has done.it's hardly pumping out the water.maybe a qt to 2 qt's per hour.

here are the specs on the ro system,paid 150 shipped it looks to be good....

5 stage RO unit

Limited Lifetime Warranty Single DI stage with refillable cartridge
    75 GPD Dow Filmtec Membrane
    Purtrex 5 micron depth sediment filter
    MATRIKX CTO/2 5 micron carbon block
    MATRIKX+1 0.6 micron carbon block
    MUR-LOK Quick Connect (QC) dual EPDM O-Ring fittings
    Pressure Gauge - helps to ensure the RO unit is performing properly
    Flush Kit - helps maintain RO membrane
    Dual TDS Meter - monitors system performance
    Automatic shut-off valve
    1/4" QC drain clamp