Possible Problem

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by carolinagreen, Apr 24, 2010.

1. Hey all, I've just started a pc grow and one of my seedlings (7 days old) is a TAD bit yellow, and I want to make sure its nothing dangerous.

[​IMG]

The plant is in MG organic choice soil and no nutes have been added yet. I water about once a day.

2. I used that soil once before, and my little clones I put into it started turning yellow and looking bad just a few days later. I can't say that this will happen to you but that is not a good soil to use in my experience. I also got a nice infestation of fungus gnats from using MG soils. If you can, get some Fox Farm Ocean Forest and replant it into that. A few days after I transplanted out of that MG Organic and into Ocean Forest my plants started looking MUCH better.

I also think that you are overwatering the plant since you say that you are watering it every day. It shouldn't need to be watered that often, and yellowing is a sign of overwatering. Try cutting back to once every 3-4 days or so, and water thouroughly, so you can see it come out of the drainage holes in the bottom of your pot. Don't just put a little bit of water in each day. The top layer of soil should be dry before you water it again.

Hope this helps!

3. OK thanks a lot! Yea I may be overwatering, but the seedlings are in TINY cups right now and the soil dries out very quickly. I suspect it is overwatering though from when they first sprouted as I watered about 3 times a day to make sure the lights didnt burn the seedlings. Thanks a lot! I may look into some fox farms, there is a local organic show around here that sells that type of thing.