Possible problem?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Bubbakeg13, Jun 26, 2008.

1. Hey everyone,
    There is something funky goin on with my baby, the tips of her leaves are curling downward, the leaves are green as can be with no yellowing or any discolouration. the average temperature is 79F(25C) she is about a month old she is a blue-berry clone she is about 9 inches tall, i use the fingerbanging method for watering (average about once avery 3 days) i use rain water, she is in soil and im using 4 x 27watt cfls. should i be worried about this or what? oh and i dont use any fertilizers(trying to be as natural as possible) and the lights are about 3-4 inches from the top of the plant. should i be worried or what? im trying to keep it as simple as possible for this is my first grow.
    thanks for tuning in.

2. Im not a experienced grower but I have read a few diff times, if your fan leaf tips are curling downward, thats sign of nute burn, but you said you don't use ferts, so I donno... what kind of potting mix/soil you using?

3. I use regular potting soil from wall-mart (premium plus potting soil or something) and i mixed in some perlite

4. How much are they curling down because I think it's normal for them to do that a little bit after a watering. How come youre not giving it any nutes, you will get way more yeild if you feed it. You can pick up nutes for like 3-6$ from almost any store.