Possible Nute Burn Help!

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by redkiller03, Nov 8, 2011.

1. Hi guyz im currently growing 4 plants with 400 watt cooltube and they are planted in Pro-Mix BX Soil. I been watering carefully, like every 3 days or 4. i started nutes(fox farm) week 2 into 3 and slowly worked my way up. but now they are begining to show signs of something i just can figure what the prob. is. I Leeched them yesterday to get rid of the excess sat buid up and next watering will be with fox farm sedgehammer BTW they are Auto's.

Attached Files:

2. Are you misting your plants? Looks like you might be over-misting and the lights are causing a burn through the water particles sitting on the plant. Just a thought, as that happened to me once and that's exactly what it looked like. I try and only mist my plants when the lights are off as a side tip.

3. [quote name='"nagol1"']Are you misting your plants? Looks like you might be over-misting and the lights are causing a burn through the water particles sitting on the plant. Just a thought, as that happened to me once and that's exactly what it looked like. I try and only mist my plants when the lights are off as a side tip.[/quote]

I have tried, and tried to recreate this issue, and I've never been able to!

4. [quote name='"redkiller03"']Hi guyz im currently growing 4 plants with 400 watt cooltube and they are planted in Pro-Mix BX Soil. I been watering carefully, like every 3 days or 4. i started nutes(fox farm) week 2 into 3 and slowly worked my way up. but now they are begining to show signs of something i just can figure what the prob. is. I Leeched them yesterday to get rid of the excess sat buid up and next watering will be with fox farm sedgehammer BTW they are Auto's.[/quote]

Hey bro, looks like calcium or magnesium def. to me. If you're using good nutes, I'd wager your PH is too low, making these nutrients insoluble to the plant. Jack up your ph, to over 6, min. 6.5 would be better, for a few days.

Er... That's what to do for Hydro, in this case... Soil.. Jack up your PH just over the usual upper limit range for soil, for a few days, and see how the new growth looks.

5. i havnt with water unless the plant is extremley close to an HID.

i have burned my leaves while spraying pesticides, though. even neem oil can burn your leaves. sometimes no light is required for burning; plants dont like pesticides, organic or chemical.

usually one application of pesticides wont cause this, but frequent, continuous spraying can give you issues.

6. It was a mix between it being to close to an HID and tin foil walls. The intense beams off the tin foil created even more intense light on the water particles creating burns spots.