Possible nitrogen deficiency

Discussion in 'Greenhouses' started by lilshwood, May 11, 2021.

1. Hey guys, I’ve got a couple autoflower girls out in my greenhouse. This is my first time attempting to grow “outdoors”. One of my girls is looking like she may be needing more nitrogen but wasn’t sure if it could be something else. The other 2 are not showing the signs as much but they’re also a bit off too. I live in the desert southwest and our sun is intense and our days are hot. Temps in the greenhouse are staying around 75-80° midday with the Evap cooler going.

All 3 are planted in 7gal pots in Royal Gold’s Tupur “soil”. The Tupur was amended with Dr Earth’s dry amendments @2 tbs per gal. Watered every other day with dechlorinated tap water ph’d to 6.5-6.8. The girls are scheduled to be top dressed in 6 days but may need to do it sooner if this is a nitrogen deficiency but I didn’t want to burn my plants if this happens to be something else.

Thanks for your help! IMG_8638.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

Attached Files:

2. are they getting sun all day every day or shaded as well as sun. i think i saw where you live in the south west desert i live in southern new mexio same weather we have rocks in our yards no grass lol anyways if they are sitting in the sun all day that could be it try making it where they only get sun in the morning and evening not at the hottest point of the day. at least until they get bigger and can withstand and consume all that light and heat with low humidity being given. dont stress when it gets hotter the plants leaves will look like shit be tacoed and dry ( desert climate ) they will still produce i average a 4 to 5 ozs off autos grown outdoors in 5 and 7 gallon pots youd be good in 5 tho as 3 months isnt enough time for the roots to use that pot my 7 gallon is just a spare pot that i throw seeds in that dont pop ill keep them misted for a couple weeks sometimes you get a surprise. that small tho with top dressing they shouldnt be lacking anything.

3. Looks like it. are you feeding yet? You should be. Start with 1/4 strength.

That said, did you grow this strain before? I had one strain a couple years ago and the leaves were dark lime colored. I added N and they started to burn so I backed off. Turned out fine.

4. They are in the sun the majority of the day. I actually thought that would be better. Not sure how to give them afternoon shade in the greenhouse here. I’ll brainstorm to find a way to do that. Thanks for the response. I’ll wait and top dress when they were scheduled to be next Monday.

5. I’ve got dry amendments in the soil which should be enough to keep them going the first 3 weeks. They’re at day 15 right now and aren’t due for another feeding by top dressing until next Monday.

I’ve got these strains growing indoors right now and were a healthy dark green at this stage. Wasn’t sure if the sun was too intense or if it really was a deficiency.