possible mold?!?!/!?

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by msad420, May 6, 2011.

1. ok so i plan on growing in my basement in a grow tent that will be placed in a smal room in my basement to reduce noise. but i found out that i have mold in my basement but i plan on getting a 8 inch hepa filter. now if i hook this hepa filter up to my intake and than into the grow tent and have my exhaust going outside and my air cooled hoods seperate from my intake and exhaust is there a bigger chance of mold now.. do i have to get rid of it ???? ...

or could i somehow run enough ducting through my basemnt ceiling into my 1 st floor coming from a room than going into my basemnt than into the grow tent..?

ideas guys ?

2. 10% bleach solution... and get a scrubber and remove all the mold...

once you've scrubbed all the mold with the bleach solution, do it again....

use an extraction fan to reduce the humidity while you do this....

once the basement is clean... spray for bugs....

then build your grow space with the knowledge that mold could possibly return... so put something under the grow space to reduce moisture... use pantyhose on the intake to stop any un-wanted bugs....

make sure to exhaust hot/used grow space air out of the basement and you might actually stop your mold problems

take a humidity reading before and after your exhaust is turned on...

take pics of your entire layout using the GC app and upload those things into a journal so people can follow along and give you some pointers..

good luck

3. An ozone generator works better than a hepa filter. It kills mold spores in the air not filters them. Bleach and low humidity is a good start.

4. Ozone generator can kill you as well. Very unhealthy to use those things. Alot do but they get poor ratings by consumer groups with many labeling them at dangerous. Small doses of Ozone can cause severe respiratory issues.

5. #5 The Bunker, May 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    True. Less is more when it comes to ozone generators. They are useful to kill mold. Dangerous as odor control if left on for long periods.