Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

possible mold on bud? Please help

Discussion in 'Marijuana Stash Box' started by flyershockey44, May 2, 2010.

1. #1 flyershockey44, May 2, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2010
    Hey i got this yesterday and it was really wet and as i was looking at it closer it looked kinda weird. I've never had bud with mold on it before so i dont know what it looks like. Heres some pictures, there not that good but ill try to get better ones up later.

Attached Files:

2. id smoke it look at the moldy bud thread for clarification

3. idk dude need better pics
    but if the bud was wet maybe the dealer didnt dry the bud that well after harvest

4. I'm having a hard time seeing any noticeable mold from those pics...be sure not to put in a jar or baggie or anything let that shit dry out completely or it is going to develop mold.

5. This the stuff that was bendy-stem???

Yea I dont see mold. Just some really dusted-dense buds :D :smoking:

6. ya its the stuff with the bendy stems haha, and i dont know i think im just being paranoid, but there was these like really weird black things on it, ill try to get pics with my Nikon +macro lens tonight.

7. Mold is usually white or very light green.

Could be some black mold though, I guess ? :S

8. just take it out of the jar nd break up them fatty nuggs a lil so they dry quicker

9. word will do. So this doesnt look like mold to anyone?

10. Does the herb smell musty or moldy? Sometimes your nose is the best guide . . . moldy weed usually has an off-odor to it, and your nose can tell. Also, if this was not fully dried, and then sealed in jars or baggies with air inside, it certainly could be molded. Those nugs look heavily compressed, like they were bricked or compressed, so they could have picked some up. Clear macro photos of the areas of the bud you suspect would really help though.

11. Doesn't look like mold to me, either

Chances are the bud was dropped in someone's pocket or on a floor somewhere along the way, lol. It does look kinda smushed, so that is my guess.

But I would smoke it.

12. yo im sorry but eff what these people are saying. that black spot looks suspect. clearer pics would help but from these pics i see that black stuff and it looks weird

13. no thats not mold. Ive seen wet bud turn moldy and it turns teal/aqua color like bread mold. ur good bro, lite up and stop worrying about it

14. Quit being a pussy and smoke it?

How do you think I know if I have moldy weed or not? I smoke the bitch.

Try er out, if it tastes like moldy weed, then it's probably moldy weed.

15. 5 of 5 looks pretty dank? not moldy...but that's 5 of 5.

16. Haha I have already been smokin it which is why I was wondering..

17. I sure as fuck wouldn't smoke it if it is actually wet and not just sticky. If the stems don't break, it's probably already moldy. :(

18. False.
    That just means it didn't cure long enough

19. ya, im sure if i left it in my jar it would get moldy

20. Yeah I see the mold but u can smoke it thats really mild i smoked worse molded bud by far ull be str8