Possible males?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by flyfisher7, Jan 22, 2014.

1. I put about 10 plants in roughly a month ago and 3 of them shot up quickly and are much taller and skinnier than the rest. The others are all roughly the same height with corresponding preflowers. The 3 tall plants have much more pronounced preflowering going on. With leaves growing while the others have the stringy thin thing. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.Sent from my VS980 4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. #2 TheAnswer121, Jan 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2014
    pics? odds are they are males. males tend to grow taller and preflower before females do.

3. Here are a couple pics. Notice the stretching. The other plants are not stretched like this nor do their preflowers look alike. The ones that are going tall and skinny keep growing into the light as well, burning themselves. This has been forcing me to raise the lights when they get too tall but this leaves the shorter bushier plants without adequate proximity to the CFLs. I'd really like to just yank those three tall plants but want to be sure on sex first. Thanks.Sent from my VS980 4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Attached Files:

4. Those are leaves, not pre flowers and not an indicator of sex. Checkout the stickies in this forum on sexing... plants don't show sex until either they pre flower during veg or you force flower them.Sent from my LG-D801 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. Too early to tellSent from my SGH-M919 using Grasscity Forum mobile app