Possible Heat Problem Not Sure Opinions?

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by philbert, Feb 20, 2009.

1. #1 philbert, Feb 20, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 20, 2009
    350 cubic foot room 1000w hps 1 inline fan 170cfm pulling through hood and exhausting, 1 bathroom vent fan probably 50 cfm pulling cool air in, struggles during day to keep temps below high 80s, suspect it hit 90s today, and humidity was around 15.

1 week old plants, started in RR plugs, moved to cfl for 3-4 days, then put them under a 1k hps about 3.5 feet over them the past 3 days.... Due to the temp I shut the hps off and put them back under cfls temp 75 humidity 50 now
    they seem to look not so good tonight, havent shown major improvement while being under hps, seemed to be doing better when they were starting, under the cfls.

Any opinions or suggestestions appreciated!

2. #2 philbert, Feb 20, 2009
    pictures would be nice huh, that one with the tape has kind of a weak stem, they get water once a day till it drips out the hole in the cups which is about 1" from the bottom, I don't think they get too much water..

The medium is %100 perlite I had to use Miracle Gro Perlite which has some light nutes but flushed it prior to transplanting and they seemeed fine up until now

3. #3 philbert, Feb 20, 2009
    Oh yeah, they are auto ak

And water is RO water didn't PH it, but thought it would be ok

Attached Files:

4. Yeah, looks like they are wilting a bit, probably from the heat. Leave them under the CFLs until they get a few more sets of branches and then transition back to the HPS.