Possible Grow Room - Need some input

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by Baron, Jun 12, 2007.

1. Hey Guys,

I'm going to be moving into a new house in just a couple of days, and am looking to grow afew plants.

The apartment is in the basement of the house and there is a "cold room" which is roughly
    2m x 3m x 3m(height)
    or 6ft x 9ft x 9ft approx

Each one of the walls is exposed concrete on the bottom half and then foam on the top half. As well, the room has 3 ventilation holes (roughly 4" diameter) that go right out into the backyard on each wall.

I am looking to grow afew plants in here, and am wondering if this room could be too damp for something like this? or if it could get to cold/warm?

Mainly my biggest concern is the exposed concrete. I would cover the walls aluminum paper, to keep the light bouncing around, but im wondering if the room would just be too overall humid for something like this to work? or would i be better off drywalling the walls? or how about just covering the bottom half in foam as well? (white foam, the stuff that comes in cardboard boxes for packaging)

I do have a dehumidifier and a fan im going to put in there, but the dehumidifier is kind of old, and doesnt have a digital readout on it

So what do you guys think? is it a good spot? or should i look into a different spot in the place?

Im going to post a diagram of what the room look likes in a couple of minutes.

Any help is appreciated

2. Diagram:
    Vent holes are on all 3 walls in pretty much the same spot
    [​IMG]

3. anyone? 1 week and still no response....

any help is appreciated
    im going to be getting a digital thermometer/humidity and leave it in there for a couple of days to see the average read out, and try and adjust from there