possible grow cabinet

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by MonsterRain, Jun 1, 2007.

1. Got this for free, just going to use the frame of it and cover up any holes and sides with plywood.

its 3 feet tall, 2 feet deep and 1.75 feet wide. Was wondering if this would be a big enough grow box for 2 or 3 plants?

Attached Files:

2. id suggest 1 single heavy yeilding strain like PPP or Arjans Haze and scrogging it.

start with 2-3 fem seeds and pick the strongest

the scrog in this case is 2 fold, maximizing your yield of course but also controlling the height of the plant as this is a limitation in mini setups.

3. Hmm thanks for the advice. I was thinking about scrog ever since i saw a thread about it. I have afghani seeds right now and a mystery pack #2 its called.

I need to get this box built first. is 150 watt HPS a good choice for 1or2 plants?

4. SCRoG is going to be the only way you'll get away with just 3' of vertical height.

Instead of taking a crapshoot on whether plants grown from seed will come up female (even feminised seeds don't always come up female), I'd strongly suggest you establish a second cabinet with enough space to keep a mother or two and to raise perhaps 4 cuttings, of which you'll flower the best 2. You're assured of females with cuttings.

A 150W HPS would be a good choice for a micro grow like this. Consider constructing a cool-tube for the HPS light. Anything you can do to get heat out of the box before it gets to the plants will be a help. Temp control is going to be a big challenge for you.

5. Man, i thought it would be plenty of height... i was either gonna LST or scrog.

Ive been thinking alot lately on what kind of light to get HPS or CFT, then thinking about cooling the cabinet down would be a challenge