Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Possible Ban of Dispensaries in Los Angeles County?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by GodGaveUsWeed, Jan 26, 2012.

1. Soooo apparently L.A. councilman Huizar wants to ban all dispensaries in Los Angeles county. He isn't against medical marijuana, but he says they should grow their own plants. I don't think he realizes that not all patients can grow their own plants in their home. Like for example, ones in wheel chairs? Or extremely weakened from cancer? Pretty rediculous. I'm not even a medical marijuana user, but it irks me that someone would want to take away the convenience of a patients medicine.

http://www.nbclosangeles.com/blogs/...to-Ban-Medical-Marijuana-in-LA-137831629.html

2. That's called passing the buck.

If the cities put half as much time addressing regulation issues for dispensaries as they do trying to just blanket-ban the dispensaries, we wouldn't be in this mess to start with.

All these elected officials need to grow a sack and actually do their jobs, instead of playing hot-potato with controversial issues that might make them take a definitive stance on something at re-election time.

3. I'm not trying to be "nit-picky" but this refers to the city of Los Angeles, not the county.

It is an important distinction.

Los Angeles is a large city, but L.A. County is very large as well. There are many areas of L.A. County with dispensaries that would be unaffected by a city ban.

And as usual, bans mean lawsuits and defending against lawsuits drains money from the city. :mad:

4. This is what has been going on in Fresno County. First it was the City, now the County is about to ban all dispensaries. Nice how a state law can be subverted by a county's board of supervisors. Outdoor growing has already been banned here. So stupid. Good luck over there.