Possession Charge?

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by TreeMcNasty, Oct 24, 2012.

1. Okay, so last month (September 13th, 2012) I was pulled over because I was told that my mother's car (Nissan Rogue) was registered under a "Wagoneer". (Which I found out later by the DMV that this was false.) Then the officer asked me for license, registration, yada yada yada. Then asked to search the car. Now, realize that this being my first time every being pulled over, I was scared shitless. So without trying to be sketchy, I let the officers search the car. (By the way, the first car had two officers and then another car pulled up with another cop inside. So essentially there were 3 cops. And in my car were my boyfriend, a friend of ours, and me). When they finally searched the car, I did the dumbest thing I could've ever done; the officer asked to search my purse where inside was my bowl and a small bag of marijuana seeds. I'm 19 years old now and at the time it happened, I was 18. I was charged with Possession of Marijuana when all I had was a bowl and seeds and this is my first offense.

Can someone please tell me what I should do, what to expect, what my fine would be, etc? And if I could possibly get out free because they pulled me over with no real reason? This is my first time ever doing anything like this and I'm so nervous :( I live in Virginia, if that helps. Please and thank you!!!

2. Here in california its a hundred dollar fine no court no nothin :) i have my script for my meds.I refuse to let any cop search me never the less.I enjoy my privecy an flexing my rights. Op it may be diffrent in va im not too clear with your local and state laws.

Welcome to the city
    :bongin:

3. Never ever ever ever EVER let a cop search you or your car, your giving up your rights when you give them premission to do that. There will be a fine and maybe a drug class/ Community service. Since its your first offense its only a misdemeanor charge.

Good Luck

4. Varies by state. Don't get your legal advice on a forum. This is important to your future and you should definitely get a lawyer who specializes in defending cannabis cases and get a consultation. They can tell you if you should hire counsel or go it alone and will know the laws in VA better than anyone here. Might be the best couple hundred dollars you ever spend.

5. You live in the 757? Just pay the ticket and keep it moving . . .

6. Ya, 757.

And I'm not looking for legit advice. I'm looking for just a "guesstimation" of what I might have to do, or pay, etc. Again, this is my first time ever doing anything like this and I just want to be prepared for anything. I'm kinda on my own and have at least $200 saved up for a fine from when I had my last job. (I was fired due to my sicknesses and the manager wouldn't take my doctor's note).
    I'm cleaning out my system. Been drinking anti-oxidants, water, eating healthy, trying to sweat out THC. And I'm about to try (What I heard works really well) drinking vinegar and drinking water mixed with a type of salt. And I'm taking an at-home drug test the day before my court date and taking Royal Flush hours before-hand.

7. Why are you worried about pissing clean at court? If anything you wouldnt have to piss clean until after you were put on probation, and even then they would give you a month for your system to clean out. I doubt they will give you any probation even, bc the charge of poss. is bs in your case . . . .
    I've been arrested a bunch of times in VA, all in all I'd say no worries

8. I don't know, honestly. Haha. I get different stories from everyone.
    Some people say I will get piss tested especially since I'm over 18 the day of court.
    I've talked to a couple Attorneys (Who I can't afford worth shit) and they've told me that the only way to be sure that they did lie when they pulled me over, is if I get a subpoena for the DMV to get a transcript of what they showed the cop that night when they ran my plates. And honestly, I can't afford an Attorney to do that for $1,500. -____-Otherwise, they said that me just telling the judge that they bullshitted me probably won't matter.

9. Do they count the seeds as marijuana? That's what some people told me... Which is why even though they only found seeds and my bowl, they counted it as possession of marijuana. Not paraphernalia. It was a small bag of seeds. (Don't ask why they were just chillin in my purse because I don't even know) -.-

10. Just tell the judge that when you get a chance to talk to him . . . or talk to your attorney when you go to court. Most times when cops charge you they charge you with whatever trumped up charge they can think of, and then let it settle in court. In your case I can imagine the judge would drop the poss and hit you with a fine or something for the bowl.

11. Would that be it though? Any community service?

12. Maybe its been a long time since my first charge. They just give me time now.

13. Lol they obviously took advantage of you because youre a girl. It says on your registration exactly what kind of car you are driving. Then you let them search? Damn.

Well expect a fine at the very least of a few hudred to 500 dollars.. Maybe probation but not likely. Try and argue the the registration thing. You can look at this if you want http://norml.org/laws/penalties/item/virginia-penalties-2

14. I have a friend who's had possession plus a couple other things and only has to pay $250. And considering I have a lot less shit on my case than most, I'm pretty sure I won't have to pay a ridiculous $500 amount. -.- Thanks for the input though.

15. No doubt and good look

16. And regardless what the site says, the courts and cops bullshit. No way am I paying $500 for that.

17. I got busted in Tennessee while going to bonnaroo. I was charged with small possession and got a $1008 (thousand eight) fine. I live in alabama though so I didn't have to take any classes... Tennessee is pretty harsh though

18. [quote name='"CrimsonKush"']I got busted in Tennessee while going to bonnaroo. I was charged with small possession and got a $1008 (thousand eight) fine. I live in alabama though so I didn't have to take any classes... Tennessee is pretty harsh though[/quote]

Damn how you get caught? I went to roo and no problems but I didn't smoke in the car there or back cause there's always loads of cops

19. I'm not sure what your financial situation is but get a lawyer. It never hurts to have a lawyer and you may surprised at what they can do.