Possession Charge Help

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by nitroushippo, Dec 22, 2009.

1. A month or so in school (friday the 13th actually), the drug dog went off by my gym locker and I was found with having some small bits of marijuana (kief) in my pocket lint. It was 'tested' and turned up positive as marijuana so I got slapped with a possession charge. I was 17 when I got caught on the 13th but turned 18 a few days later on the 18th. My first court hearing is tomorrow and I was wondering what Grasscity had for advice. Will I be getting tested?

2. I'm not sure your state/penalties etc and every place is different. Some places have little time for this issue and some places will go balls to the wall.

To make this an adult case would likely not be worth the trouble so 99% you will be dealt with as a minor.

You will probably in some way at some point be referred to a juvi probation officer who will meet with you to make a rec to the court.

A drug test could very well be a part of that. Chances are that wont happen after the first hearing but you never know.

I'm not sure how you will want to play it. You will likely be appointed an attorney and you will want to meet with them before you make a decision as to how you want to go.

0 tolerance laws in CA would mean a conviction on this = 1 year CDL license suspension on top of anything else so stuff like that is what you want to know and talk to a lawyer about.

3. Well Minnesota has decriminalized marijuana to a certain point. If I am tried as an adult I will be charged roughly $200, and if I'm charged as a juvenile I'm not sure what will happen.

4. shit then why u even worried. but shit something sounds fuked about howthey found ur shit. the have dogs and do randomw searches for pot but they decriminalized it. just so they can make money.....im high lol

5. Well if its just a fine, you may end up going that way or you may end up at juvi probation and end up with some type of diversion/class type thing. Let us know how it goes.

There is a moral to the story here though...

6. Yeah for sure man. DON'T WEAR DIRTY PANTS. That morning I was late and couldn't find a clean pair of pants so I just sorted through the ones I found and looked for the best looking pair. Then 2nd hour gym came around and there was a dog in the locker room waiting for me to shower. We'll see, whatever happens.

7. wash your pants?

8. Correct.

And Zoom was right, I'm in a diversion like program where I'll be randomly tested for the next three months. I surprisingly was tested and failed. Because of my failed UA I'm on a bullshit "house arrest" for the next 30 days. No phone and no drivers license.

9. That sucks man. Hope you get off soon. I'm glad schools around here don't do that shit.