possesion of marijuana on record

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by borderherb, Mar 17, 2011.

1. sup guys

i wanted to know if having a misdemeanor marijuana on the criminal record can affect me from getting a good job in the future, because i never had court or anything i just got bailed out but they told me i was not approved for punishment because it was a very small amount. but it is still on the record as a misdemeanor.

2. Most likely, but after five years you can get it expunged from your record.

3. Yes it will hurt you chances of getting a good job.

4. yes it will severley hurt your chances. Hell even an underage which is not a misdemeanor, will hurt your chances. If you have the exact same qualifcations as another guy, having a criminal record could be the determining factorb

5. Mainly it depends on how prejudiced your potential employer is. I mean most rational guys would look at a little mj possession charge a few years ago as a pretty insignificant thing. On the other hand you might get one of those nuts who thinks you'll go insane and start raping your coworkers or run over someone with a forklift cause you smoked some pot.

6. This is it right here. I have friends with records...it was hard finding a good job...but one of them eventually started his own computer business and puts well over $130,000 in his pocket every year. The others eventually found jobs with chill employers that know the bullshit of the drug war and now have decent pay checks. As others have said, get that shit expunged in 5 years, but shit, we might have bud legalized before then, making it a lot easier to get it expunged earlier.