possesion of cannabis>2.5 what to expect at court

Discussion in 'General' started by omega, Oct 25, 2005.

1. My situation is that I have a court appearance for possession of cannabis under 2.5g. I was caught and not arrested. I am 19 have never been arrested or had any trouble with the law and I live in Loves Park, IL. I want to know what amount of a fine I should expect, will I have to go and pay for mandatory classes for ‘drug abuse', how long will this stay in my record is there anything I can do erase it off, what else should I expect and how do I prepare for court. Im a little parinoid...
    thanks

2. your lucky you live in IL, gettin caught for anything in MA will end up with jail time. MA needs to die

3. plead no contest, it looks better and u might get off with probation for a few months

4. according to norml, the state laws for il are:
    2.5 g or less misdemeanor 30 days* $1,500
    the * means *Eligible for 24 month probation with first conviction, dismissal of charges upon completion of probation.

so i don't think you'll get stuck with jail time, but you'll likely have 24 months of probation and a shitty fine to pay

5. Expect a slap on the wrist: probation and a fine. It's gonna suck, but it could be worse.

6. the judge will say get on your knees and lick your sack

7. Canada owns if you have under15 grams its only a 150$ fine damn that is better then jail but 15.1 your considered a dealer and can get years

8. nc is better.
    i got caught w/ <1/2 oz (misdemeanor) and paraphenelia (misdemeanor). all i had to do was go to court, pay some fines, and take drug class. no probabtion. however, they did do 2 dt's in drug class. first initally to see what you are on when you enroll and second is conducted at the end to make sure you are clean.

9. yeah i know man, probation and a fine SOUNDS good 'n all but it still sucks horribly... the fine, I chose to do community service and cheated because my aunt is the mayor of the city that i was supposted to clean, HAHAHAH FUCKERS

but they put you on probation for fuckin' ever, I didn't have any drug tests though, but basically if I got caught doing ANYTHING, even any misdeameor (graffiti) i'd get fucked in the ass. by people....who put me on probation...

10. im pretty sure in california if you get caught with less the an ounce ( 28.5 or less) you only get a mistameaner and 100 fine, not sure about probation or anythign

11. Yup. also, if your under 21 you get your drivers license suspended for 1 year.
    Probation depends on the judge, but very likely.

12. Here is my plan I wont do any drugs until I know more details at the court sentance. I will also contact my public defender (free legal advisor). I assume a drug assesment is mandatory.

I can pay the fine, I can even make sure I dont get involved with the law for 2 years when my record will be cleared, but the classes are what will gangbang me.

I heard they costs thousands of dollars and I can't even let my insurance cover it if it does because I get it through my parents and they can not know this (they are conservative extremeists). Having to attetend mandetory brainwashing classes and wasting hours a week, I can't.

Does any one know details of the classes like cost, and how long you go for how often.

13. wow for 2.5g of weed you get all that, that is really shitty :eek: