Possesion fines?

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by hockeyman07, Aug 14, 2009.

1. This is 100% hypothetical,

you get a ticket from the government agency for possesion of a small amount of marijuana...now, this is under federal law so do you serve time and pay a large fine for marijuana poss. or does it depend on the state you are in?

2. depends on the state, unless you are facing federal charges.

3. Right^. Here in Massachusetts we have it alright, it's decriminalized at least. 100 dollar fine for under a zip assuming you don't have a scale or anything on your person. I don't know all the facts, but I am told you actually will get into more trouble here if you are carrying a piece on you and no weed. I went to Hampton Beach last week, almost got caught there since the houses are hardly five feet apart, that could have been bad since they have entirely different laws there and I had a little over a half o.

My town actually has specific laws against it being in public, pretty sure they slap another four hundred dollar fine on it because I guess they're "cracking down". In reality, nothing actually happens in my town, not to mention nothing is even in my town, so no one has anything to do but smoke here, which also means the cops have nothing to do but go after us. It's stupid, but good thing I'm allowed to smoke in the privacy of my own home.