Positive letter from OR Senator

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by HCL, Jul 29, 2009.

1. Dear Mr. *******,

Thank you for your thoughtful note. I agree wholeheartedly that we should be mindful of our government's spending priorities, social justice, and the potential for raising revenue.

Oregon has made enforcement of Federal marijuana laws a lower priority for some time and also taken steps to help those who can benefit from marijuana's medicinal properties have access to treatment.

Outside of these areas, the legality of marijuana is a Federal issue. Please feel free to contact our federal representatives to continue your efforts.

Congressman David Wu
    Congressman David Wu : Oregon's First Congressional District : Contact

Senator Jeff Merkley
    U.S. Senate: Contacting The Senate

Senator Ron Wyden
    Contact | Senator Ron Wyden | Standing Up for All of Oregon

Thank you for your advocacy and for staying engaged. If you don't mind, I'd like to keep your e-mail on file for reference when this issue comes up during session.

Best,
    Mark Hass

------------------------

First off, I'm very happy with Senator Hass for replying to me directly instead of some automated message. It took a week or so, but I'd much rather have that then some automated thing thanking me for my opinion. Secondly, I think this is VERY positive because it seems like he would definitely be welcoming of legalization in Oregon (even though I won't be living here much longer :p). I'm about to reply back to him to thank him for his reply and to see if he does fully support legalization or only decrim. laws.

I just thought I'd share this with the GC community to show that some politicians are there for us, not lobbyists.

2. Nice HCL! I love to see stuff like this. We have gained so much momentum as of late. :smoking:

3. Yeah man. I write my senator quite frequently, they probably know my name by now lol. They always write back. Sometimes positive, usually neutral. Keep up the good work. This is a good letter back.

4. Nice work man keep up the good work, we all need to write our representatives reasonably frequently

5. Oregon is about to have LEGAL industrial hemp. California is pushing for legalized recreational weed, now all we need is Washington to fall in line. This is going to be wicked when the whole West coast is pot friendly. :hello::hello:

You lucky bastards.

6. thats awesome becasue i live in OREgon. man that wud be awesome if they legalized it here. Keep on Keepin On HCL:smoking:

7. west coast is so nice for blazin compared with the rest of the country. all mmj, all dankass buds and a majority of people that have blazed before, oregon with the hemp, cali about to be legal..

8. I wish the letters I got from Senators Harkin and Grassley were positive.. I basically got lectures from them saying how they dont wan't their children using drugs :rolleyes: