Positive/Inspirational Quotes Thread.

Discussion in 'General' started by Dizzy, Apr 21, 2021.

1. You could pull just about any excerpt from Kerouac, and it will strike inspiration in my soul. But this one is probably my favourite, and one I revisit when I'm feeling a bit suffocated in my own typicalness.

"The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes Awww." - Jack Kerouac

• Creative Creative x 1
  2. "The stages in the development of nature have, therefore, by no means only a historical meaning. They are, indeed, moments, but moments of a simultaneous totality of nature and not of a particular and individual totality which itself would only be a moment of the universe, that is, the totality of nature.." - Ludwig Feuerbach

• Creative Creative x 1
  3. The most important saying ever uttered is the Golden Rule, “Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.”

Some life observations of my own:
    Hating is harmful to the hater.
    Always consider the best and worst possible motives for others' actions, not just the worst.

• Creative Creative x 1
  4. "A lie can lead to disaster, as a ripple may become a tsunami" - me

"A test of strength is physical, but a test of the mind is more complex than any action" - me

I'll think of more later.

• Creative Creative x 1

5. Wow Those are Creative ASL To Be Made Up By You. Good Job D Much Respect.

~Toni~

6. Your Value Does Not Decrease Based on Someone's Inability to See Your Worth-Unknown.

~Toni~

7. “If a man empties his purse into his head, no man can take it away from him. An investment in knowledge always pays the best interest.” Benjamin Franklin

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Very self-positive. However, as another saying goes, "It's worth what somebody will pay for it."

• Winner Winner x 1

9. What Do That Mean?

~Toni~

10. Not so much a positive quote but an inspirational one basically saying "fuck it, take a chance".

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. ‘Trying is the first step to failure’

-Homer Simpson

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. If you wish to see Stars, all one has to do is look up. Digga's quote.

• Creative Creative x 1
  13. Thank You @Toke_til_you_choke an @Digga Very Good Ones Guys. Keep Them Coming If You Wanna. I'll Have to Find Some More Soon too.

~Toni~

• Like Like x 2
  14. “Sometimes the best place to be is absent”

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. “Everything’s within walking distance if you have the time”. -Stephen Wright

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. I so often think of the above quote when my patience, or lack of, are tested in the garden.

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. Never Discourage Somebody Who Continually Makes Progress, No Matter How Slow- Plato :)

~Toni~

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. Ha! A friend sent me this list of rich and poor. No, I did not write this.

19. Let me summarize this inspiring list:
    "rich people are better than those undeserving poor people."

More items need to be added to the list:
    11. Rich people think being rich makes them smarter than the rest of us
    12. Rich people attribute any lucky success to their outstanding abilities

• Funny Funny x 1