Portland - Worth Moving To?

Discussion in 'General' started by Tree Burner, May 29, 2013.

1. I was also looking at the state, how crook county area? Anyone know?

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

Depends on what you're looking for. Crook County is very rural as far as I know, the population of the entire county is only 20,000 people.
    There really isn't much of anything there outside of Prineville. 

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ha that's actually the city I was looking to live on the outskirts of. I own a self sustaining farm down here in socal. Figure rural oregon would feel like home lol.

Sent from my iPod touch using Grasscity Forum

4. 5 weeks till my move!

Idk where these projects you speak of are...I was in portland for a week and even the tent cities under bridges were nicer than most apartment buildings In the NE

• Like Like x 1
  5. Be prepared for traffic and lots of bad drivers op

Sent from my SM-G900V using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  6. Closer to BC and famed BC Bud :D

- From the desk of HerbicidalMania

• Like Like x 1
  7. <sup>Just curious how you like it there.</sup>
    <sup><sup>  [​IMG]</sup></sup>

• Like Like x 1

Honestly, after driving through LA and many times through Seattle, Portland is cake in comparison. :bongin: 

9. If I've drivin in Manhattan I think I can manage portland

10. I'll take Portland's traffic any day over where I am headed next week, my little home town of Chicago. I can
    take it for 10 days, even though the weed is crap compared to here.

I miss Chicago. I miss the lakefront. I will never miss the traffic.

11. #51 camram, Jul 12, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2014

Legalization doesn't turn an average state into the best state. Colorado is still very divided on cannabis-related issues. Try finding a 420 friendly apartment in Colorado Springs. That city is like Christian HQ and the community looks down on cannabis users. That pretty much leaves Denver or Boulder if you are super rich. IMO Denver is kind of an ugly city with a lack of big city perks like high walk scores (you'll need a car) and good public transportation. It's laughable that a round-trip ticket on the light rail is like $20.

I've never been to Portland but SF was wayyy more tolerant towards cannabis users than anything I've experienced in Colorado.

These reciprocity states like Maine and Michigan are still operating in a very grey area. Around 2 years ago I called some numbers from WeedMaps in Michigan and Maine. The guys in Michigan were like we won't take your out-of-state card but we can give you the number of a place that would... The guy in Maine was a huge you know what and was like yeah we only take out-of-state cards for people vacationing here from surrounding areas that are really sick. Pretty much a huge insult because apparently these states have their idea of what "sick" looks and sounds like.

12. If ya like white people then yea move to Portland lol

Sent from my HTC One mini using Grasscity Forum mobile app

13. Leave Colorado, and you're a stoner? No way man you'll regret it!

~ iPhone ~ @Mention ~

14. I know we're talking about Portland OR but I actually live in the Portland ME area. Weed is legal in the city of Portland for persons 21+ on personal property and Maine is a Medical state. VERY weed friendly damn near everyone here smokes

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. Ive been living in portland OR for a week now

100x different than the NE

16. So do you like it? I am going there this weekend. I'm going to spend the weekend with my son's family and then fly out of there to Chicago.

It's been really hot there. It's been really cold here. I can't wait to get away from the coast.

17. I like it a lot so far

18. Everything you said about Colorado also occurs all over Oregon state. Ever since pot was legalized there's atleast 100 new out of state people moving here every day. Yes there are stores but who freaking cares about that? Traffic is beastly and if you are a nice kind person you will FOR SURE be taken advantage of.

19. Unfortunately not anymore ...

• Like Like x 1
  20. Best place in US I have ever lived ... Siskiyou county California ... Weed and Mt Shasta ... As soon as Cali legalizes and I have enough saved I am moving back and starting my own pot farm!

• Like Like x 1