Portals of nothingness

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by TheJourney, Aug 4, 2011.

1. Agreed but it can also be abused...and it is by many. Portals of information like Grasscity though I nearly always find useful.

2. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TeK7tLDvI0]Juicy J (Ft. Kreayshawn) - U Trippy Mane? (Prod. By Key) - YouTube[/ame]

3. Guess we lost a poster someway through this thread :laughing:

Hey TheJoureny :wave:,

Sorry to comment on a post from a long time ago. However, here are my two cents:

In actuality, I don't think there are thoughts nor things, and so in turn I agree with you. They do lack any inherent nature. And so, it is actually quite liberating to be beyond of anything being nor non-being and to directly experience the truth behind emptiness is form and form is emptiness.

Yes, the root cause of all suffering is that we take objects, feelings, and thoughts to be inherently real when they are in reality anything but solid and whole but more loose and open. ;)

Does this not contradict the first paragraph where the ground was laid that there is no substantial existing thing. Therefore, the nature of all things actually lies within the lack of the nature of things. :smoke:

There are no portals, and there is no nothingness. Everything is, but not in the way we make it all out to be. The source remains indefinitely as anything but a 'thing', but more of a 'non-thing' in the sense that from its beginning it has always been beyond its own condition.

So summed up good sir:
    Our self-limiting tendencies of mind obstruct the limitless aspect of reality. Therefore, message is: don't get so attached to everything. How? By realizing that no one thing is solid and wholly a thing. Quantum physics tells us that we are living in more of a fluctuating current of energy/consciousness and who we are cannot be defined because movement disallows any of us to ever remain the same. Therefore, to understand all things are not solidly what we think them to be, and in actuality are atoms whizzing around in empty space, loosens the attachment in our minds.

Good post TheJourney, or is it Clay from what I remember?

4. Yeeah.. I remember my first time gettin high :smoke::smoking::bongin::hippie:

hahaha

5. No, I'm glad this thread is getting responses. It only got like two originally lol

Exactly all things only exist as potential that manifests as polarity. They "are or are not," in appearance. "Is or is not" is best seen and understood through the potential underlying both.

Exactly. I used to say often, "The truth is that there is no truth," or "not-self is our self." To the normal mind, it cannot compute. When you see reality as it is, though, it is simply a more transcendental logic, beyond the typical restraints of the robotic mind.

Sometimes there are objections to the word "nothing," and so I clarify by saying I personally prefer saying "no thing," as it is more technically accurate. Nothing, as can be seen, can easily be made into a thing in and of itself. No thing is more accurate, and serves as a reminder not to make it into a thing.

6. Which is why it can be said that life has no meaning, no built-in meaning. It is we who give things their meaning, and it is we who decide what life is. Until we do so, or until we realise that we are doing so, we often give life a meaning that isn't actually real, then wonder why it doesn't make us happy.

7. i just find it funny/sad that a lot of us seem to have some kind of pathological need to find a meaning which isn't ourselves.

I mean, some people need god to exist because if he doesn't than what is the point. We need something greater to ourselves, something which we don't understand, otherwise we can't discover a point.

And it's stupid, because if the things that are said on here are even partly true, we find that the greater, impossible-to-understand being is ourselves.