Portable Smell-Proof Greenhouse(how to grow pot out in the open)

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by heedtheweed, Jun 29, 2006.

1. This is an idea I thought of that I think alot GC'ers would really like. You shouldn't have to spend no more than 30-50 dollars on it and if your really good you might be able to find all the materials at your house and it'll cost you nothing.

This would work best if you made it sog and it's really convenient for an outdoors sog. If your looking to grow 10 foot monsters then this isn't for you. But if your looking for something small for personal smoke then this is perfect.

This is also perfect for those who live in colder climates because the greenhouse affect will give the plants extra warmth.

This is also perfect for people who live with their parents and only live around small shitty city woods. So your only option for growing a personal stash is to be able to hide it out in the open.

What you'll need is:
    3 gallon pot
    See Through plastic
    4-6 wooden stakes(The height of the stakes depends on the height of the plant.)
    Tape
    Tarp
    A computer fan
    Rechargeable Batteries
    Battery holders
    A water proof box
    Activated carbon
    A small box

Step 1
    You take the pot and fill it with the soil of your liking.
    Step 2
    Take the wooden stakes and apply it to the pot however you like. I would screw mine to the sides of the pot.
    Step 3
    Then you wrap the plastic around the wooden tarps. Now your plants have a personal greenhouse.
    Step 3
    Put a hole near the bottom of the greenhouse and attach the computer fan in the hole. Make sure its an exhaust fan.
    Step 4
    Then you take a small box or container. Make sure it has two ends. Make sure one of the ends is open ended and the other end is closed. Punch multiple holes into the closed end. Then place activated carbon inside the box. Tape some fibrous clothing onto the open ended side of the box. Now put the box onto the opening where the fan is. Tape the box to the side of the greenhouse so no smell can escape out the sides.
    Step 5
    You can make another hole a passive intake or you can place another computer fan there as an active intake if you have enough batteries to run 2 fans.
    Step 6
    Place all the batteries into the holders and connect all the battery holders to the fans. and watch your out in the open stealth grow come to life.
    Step 7
    Place all electronics inside a water proof box because your plants can't afford to have your ventilation to die because of rain.

If your growing outside, to make plants flower early so the plant can actually fit inside the small greenhouse you'll need to put a tarp over it after the plant had it's 12 hours of sunlight. You'll have to do this at the same time everyday and in about a week or 2 the plant will start to flower. I don't know how long you'll have to do this but I do know if you stop putting the tarp up too soon the plant will revert back to it's vegetative state and you might overstress it into a hermie. But I know if you stop putting the tarp 1 or two weeks before harvest the plant won't revert back.

Attached Files:

• PP.jpg
      PP.jpg
      File size:
      9.6 KB
      Views:
  2. 40 views and no comment?

3. Some things, like this, are long and complicated to read.

4. Do you have any pics of yours?

5. I don't really get the idea, draw something up in paint or something :p

6. you know whats even more simple? Just put the pot outside or grow directly into the soil :) The latter being the best for best results.

7. I can't do that where I live because there's no real woods in alot of cities. Which means I can't grow outdoors and I live with my parent which mean I can't grow indoors. So I found a way to do it outdoors anywhere I want.

8. So you don't imagine anyone would see a big huge box looking thing (I have no idea what you were trying to describe, it was kinda hard to understand) and go, hey what's in that, and open it? Not trying to kill your idea but it seems like it would be more likely to be investigated and found where i live than just a plant sitting in a pot somewhere.

9. You can't see the pic I just posted?

It's not that big as it should be done in a 3 gallon pot and the green house should only be 15-20 inches tall and the beauty of this is that you can place it anywhere. If you put it in a secluded spot then no one will find it. I can think of many spots to place it but I won't post them because I don't want the police looking for them.

10. I just dont understand what the difference is in putting a greenhouse in one of your spots and just a plant in a pot.

11. Someone help me out here bc Im not all that knowledeable but I'm quite sure your plants aren't going to be able to be smelt until they flower, and even then being outside it will most likely not be smelled unless your right next to it. Also 15 inches is not very high for an mj plant being grown outside.

Don't get me wrong, I like your thinking and it sounds like a cool idea, it just seems like a whole lot of trouble that you don't have to go through.

12. <TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR title="Post 1069701" vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 align=middle width=125>primativezen</TD><TD class=alt2>I just dont understand what the difference is in putting a greenhouse in one of your spots and just a plant in a pot.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    If you would have read my first post you would have seen that there's a filter attached to the greenhouse.... Odor is the number one way of having your plot found and snatched especially if you have don't live near any big woods because you live in the city.

13. <TABLE class=tborder cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=6 width="100%" align=center border=0><TBODY><TR title="Post 1069735" vAlign=top><TD class=alt1 align=middle width=125>primativezen</TD><TD class=alt2>Someone help me out here bc Im not all that knowledeable but I'm quite sure your plants aren't going to be able to be smelt until they flower, and even then being outside it will most likely not be smelled unless your right next to it. Also 15 inches is not very high for an mj plant being grown outside.

Don't get me wrong, I like your thinking and it sounds like a cool idea, it just seems like a whole lot of trouble that you don't have to go through.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    I heard you can smell the plants in a 40 foot radius which is bad for me because the woods I live around only have about a 200 ft diameter and there's alot of people going in and out of them so I need to be able to get rid of the smell so it'll have an even lower chance of being found.

15 inches is perfect if your only doing a sea of green and is going to force it to flower early by periodically placing a tarp over top of the greenhouse everyday.

14. You could easily use this inside. Just attach a sploof over the fan, and hide it in the corner of your closet or something. Then just put a fluorescent light or two over the mini greenhouse.