Portable power supply led

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by blueledredled, Mar 27, 2015.

1. #2 killset, Mar 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 27, 2015
    Your link doesn't work. If people have rigged car batteries to work they still have to be able to charge those batteries. I wouldn't doubt the car batteries are storing power from a solar panel.

2. This is a rechargeable power supply 500 watts you can recharge it with a extension cord it lasts up to 30 hours depending on what your running since I'm only running leds and fan it's not that much I'll have more than one

3. unless you plan on running like a 15w LED off this "Power station", the battery would discharge in less than 2 hours when using more powerful LED units that draw 100+ watts.

won't work.

4. That's what I'm doing 15 watt

5. 15w won't grow much of anything.

6. #7 GoldGrower, Mar 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2015

If you can charge it using an extension, why not just power the lights with that extension? 

15w light would be ok for the first 5 days and then you will need more light

7. Now I'm curious what OP is trying to achieve here.

8. #9 killset, Mar 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2015
    This makes no sense at all. Why would you want to plug something in to charge up and then use it to run the lights. Just plug in the lights in and run them. Unless you like spending unnecessary $$$ and adding another thing you have to do every 30 hours, probably less. 15 watt LEDs aren't going to grow much of anything worth while anyways, unless you had a shit ton of them. What is your full plan? How many lights and what size? How many plants? Grow space? Etc

9. The reason Why I'm doing this is because it's an underground grow that's why I'm doing all this

10. #11 killset, Apr 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2015
    I keep my grow hidden also, how is this going to help keep yours hidden? Unless you mean literally under the ground. Either way its more work and potentially less energy efficient. Anytime you have to charge up 1 thing to run another, your being less energy efficient. Those things aren't going to last 30 hours anyways, maybe to power a radio or something like that but not a grow. Only 500 watts over a 30 hour period would have a hard time running much of anything. If it only stores 500 watts and say your running 400 watts of lights, it might last just over an hour. Highly doubtful it would even do that, may not even light the thing. Once you figure in exhaust, fans, etc, it won't even come close to that. What are you going to do when your constantly recharging it? What's going to run your lights? Your exhaust and other equipment? Will you buy 2 or 3 or just shut everything off while it recharges every few hours?

11. You got any better ideas cause I can't sneak any cords it is an underground room by underground i mean underneath three feet deep of soil

Guerrilla grow.

Charging the battery will take longer than it takes to use all of its stored power even with a small light. It's a battery not a magic box. You would have to have several and have a few charging and then swap one over every few hours. 

If you don't have an electricity supply in your grow area you need to install one, or grow somewhere else. It is honestly as simple as that 

13. I have nothing within any realm of being feasible but save your $$$ on that, it won't work

14. Thankyou for input but I just called the auto store they said their car batteries a fully charged and they are pretty cheap that's what I'll do I had a friend who grow like this you guys are great

15. Even at full charge a car battery will drain the first day if you use a decent power LED light off it. You will need to charge it every day. Are you trying to save money on electricity? What is your goal here?

16. #17 GoldGrower, Apr 1, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2015

What light are you planning on running with a car battery? I'll give you an estimation on how long it will last, and how long it takes to charge 

a generator would be better, you can get a second hand one for around £40-50. Have you thought about ventilation? How will you manage that? 

are you really prepared to change batteries every couple of hours? It's going to be a round the clock job. It would be easier to get a part time after work job and use the wages to buy your weed 

17. #18 killset, Apr 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2015
    Car batteries aren't going to last long unless you have a ton of them and a way to charge them. What's your plan for that? Solar? Wind? Charger? It's going to be a constant non stop job. Plus all the additional stuff you'll need will get costly. You're not just going to go pick up a battery at auto zone, wire it to a light and fire up your entire grow for the next 4 months. Whats your long term plan and how do you plan to convert all this over to run your grow? Power inverters to convert the 12v DC car battery to 120v AC equipment if your in the US?

18. Here's my way better idea it's extremely cheap you dig a hole in a sunny spot place a bucket with a plant seed and then place a glass window above it basically and under ground greenhouse a poor mans greenhouse

19. #20 GoldGrower, Apr 2, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2015

How will it breath? It would stretch up to the glass in no time and then just build up under it. Moisture would condense on the glass and the foliage would rot 

Edit....
    It's an interesting concept though. I guess you could have small intake and outtake fans running off solar energy, plenty of vents by raising the glass above the ground by a few inches, line the entire hole with white plastic or other reflective material. The hole would have to be massive though