Portable AC Exhaust

Discussion in 'Grow Room Design/Setup' started by WDOMKR1, May 1, 2013.

1. so i put a carbon filter on the end of my portable ac exhaust. the ac blows 165 cfm and the carbon filter can take up to 250 cfm. i also have a larger carbon filter in the room. so with that one i am going filter>inline fan 450cfm>hood>attic. i have a 450cfm intake fan pulling in air from outside. all 8in except the ac has 6 in duct and carbon filter. with this configuration there is little smeel in the room. working very well. until i went up in the attic today! the carbon filter hanging off the portable ac is superhot. the metal is heated up from the hot ac exhaust. so im wondering. should I build a box and vent the ac into the box then put a fan and filter on top to pull the air out of the box? or shuld i just pull the carbon filter off the ac and hope it doesnt smell? anybody have this issue before? ideas?

2. oh and the ac seems to be doing all the work. doesnt seem like the carbon filter inside the room is doing much. while the ac exhaust is melting the carbon filter, the other exhaust is blowing cold air into the attic! wtf?!

3. will a dual hose ac unit solve my problem?

4. Anybody???

5. i run a port ac exhaust through a fan and then a corona plasma generator then outside with the hot good smelling air. i use the fan to boost air flow since it's about 15 feet to the outside.

hard to say what you could do, there is no way of connecting your filter to the suction side of your AC because it's enclosed as such. one of the reason i got rid of my carbon filters and went with the ozone.

6. Thanks Al! Does the ozone gen kill the smell and taste of ur flowers?

7. the ozone is on the outflow side of my exhaust so it never comes into contact with my room. on one side of this room is a 16x16 intake grill from my basement, i have the portable AC unit in the room, with the exhaust going out a 6" flexible duct to the can fan and ozone unit, then outside.

i have a UVONAIR 8" and it takes care of any odor but you have to vent it outside, far too powerful for indoor venting.

8. Very nice setup! I might look into the inline ozone for my ac exhaust. Thanks again for the info!

9. So i made some mods and the temps dropped dramatically! I added a fan in the attic to pull out the hot air. I changed the ac duct to insulated duct (this alone was huge)! And im adding a more powerful exhaust fan in the morning. Dual hose ac is on the way, hoping sometime next week. Going to build a 2x2x4 box to exhaust the new ac into then ill oull the air out with inline fan going to carbon filter. Just in case the new dual hose exhausts and smell. My single hose is currently hooked to a carbon filter as it is oulling a lot of smelly air out of the room.

Geez! I was wound up like a top the last few days when the heat kicked up! Thought i was going to lose my flowering ladies! Now i can take a deep breath and relax! SHWEW!