poppy seeds and heroin

Discussion in 'General' started by The Recliner, Feb 18, 2008.

1. so im watching mythbusters, and they are testing the poppy seed drug test myth.
    and they are saying that poppy seeds have the 2 same active ingridents as heroin..
    so i was wondering if i could eat alot of poppy seeds and get something out of it?

2. Yeah I used to mess with that shit, it all started with the mcdonalds 1 dollar menu cheeseburgers... I used it to do it recreationally, but then the whole poppy seeds themselves took over my life...

:p

3. Its a very small amount. I doubt you could get much out of them,

4. haha...

and they tested positive with just 3 poppy seed bagels. so maybe if i eat alot something will happen?

5. Uhhh so you have never heard of making opium out of poppy seeds? Maybe you should try that first, because just EATING them isnt going to do ANYTHING

6. Umm you need to use about a lb. of poppy seeds in order to get an opiate buzz and thats just from residue on the outside of the seed.

DO NOT EAT a ton of seeds, the poppy seeds contain a lot of cadmium metal and when consumed in high amounts it causes extreme sickness and/or death.

7. Also poppy pods and their seeds dont contain ANY heroin. they contain some trace amounts of codiene, morphine, and other alkaloids. Not heroin.

8. but isnt heroin the finished product from extracting those trace amounts from the seed?

9. no heroin is extracted from morphine bro, if it were that easy everyone and there mom would be sellin dope.

10. but isnt there morphine in poppy seeds?
    and i saw a thread a while back on here where a guy bought poppy seeds from the store, and extraced opium out of them
    with pictures too
    so...whats up with that

11. Some people discuss making tea from them, but it takes a lot for a small buzz. Check the spice rack at your grocery store if you want to try some. The seeds don't contain opium or they wouldn't be legal to sell. The opium is concentrated in the walls of the pod- if you want opium, grow poppies. The seeds at the store are viable- usually Tasmanian. If you get white poppy seeds (Indian market) you'll be growing Persian White. You can get tons of info on the net.
    Many use the dried pods, WITHOUT the seeds, for tea. Again, Google.
    I'd recommend you plan on opium or pod tea. Heroin is very complicated and requires things you won't find easily, as well as a huge quantity of opium. The O contains a balance of ingredients that act together to produce a true high. Isolating certain alkalyds like codeine and morphine only make them more addictive. If you have enough O to extract, you have a lot of pure O which is much better smoked.
    The latex from the plant is pure opium. Unlike THC, the O is water soluble. You can spray it on buds and let them dry!

12. Its called poppy seed tea, you can do a very basic water extraction of the morphine inside the seeds.

13. You wont get anything out of eating a bunch of bagels man. There was a guide to making opium to smoke out of storebought seeds but my understanding is that storebought seeds are treated. This means that the only opium buzz you are getting is whats left on the outside of the seeds or something. Seems like a waste of time to me, but i done fuck with the stuff so i wouldn't know.

14. you can do a poppy seed extract, it's very easy. there's trace amounts of morphine on the poppy seeds and when you heat them with water the water washes the morphine off, evaporate what's left and you get a brown sticky substance that you can smoke, dip cigarettes/weed in.

15. ^^thats what i was talking about
    is that brown sticky substance really opium though?
    or is it just the small bit of morphine
    is this brown sticky substance truly safe to use?

16. it's safe yeah, but it's very mild and definitely cannot be compared to real opium.

17. anything but pay for the real drug lol

18. thanks everyone for your input
    sounds to me like if i want to do heroin, ill just have to do it.

19. For future reference

Opium = morphine and codeine
    Heroin = diacetylmorphine

Heroin is semi-synthetic.