Popping my Green Cherry

Discussion in 'Micro Grows' started by GanjaGilbert, Apr 3, 2014.

1. Hey all.

I'm looking to start my first grow. What I need is a little guidance.
    I want to grow discreetly but havn't figured out the best way to do it. I own my own mobile home but I have a 5 year old that I wish to keep this project from.

Any idea's on how to best conceal this? I'm fairly handy so I don't mind a project. I would like to keep the cost as low as possible.

What should I do for lighting? Whats the best bang for my buck for a small grow. One or Two plants at the most. I don't want to draw any attention by skyrocketing my electric bill.

Can anyone give me a straight out list of what works best on a budget?

Thanks for your help all!

2. Well so many views and no comments, I'm not expert but I can tell you that your best bet would be CFL lighting with a few pc fans.

For two girls you won't need a whole bunch of lights.

I was using 13 lights for 3 girls you can look into ky journal if you would like.

Anyways, you can make it work with about 8 lights in total, I bought a packet of 4 26 w cfls at best buy I believe for 10$ which is quite a good price.

As for air flow depending on the space you can get a couple pc fans for around 10-15$ ea. With 100+ cfm.

Now a good idea would be to make a nice reflector which you can make with those kitchen pans not sure the exact name and you can make your own light fixture.

As for the actual grow space, you can use a pc case, you should be able to find them anywhere with less lighting of course.

You could also use a cabinet of some sort that you have laying around just add a handle with a lock, and some window seal to light proof it.

I hope I didn't miss anything & hope it works for you.

Sent from my HTCEVODesign4G using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. Thanks Cris!

So I decided on a growing space. I emptied out and old roll away toolbox and intend on using that.

It's dimension are 24" X 24" X 18".

What should I use to reflect the light, and given the size above, would you still recommend CFL's and if so how many? I saw a 2 ft florescent grow light at lowes, is CFL better than florescent?

As far as the fans go, do I need a fresh air intake and exhaust out? What can I use to filter the smell?

What grow medium should I go with? Which is easier/ gives a better chance of success?

Thanks for all the input! Hopefully my micro grow will be in operation by the end of next week.

4. Alright so I've decided to go with a fixture that holds 4 24" t5 6500k bulbs. I'm going to paint the inside of the cab with elastocentric roofing sealant. I'm going to build an activated carbon scrubber from a write up I managed to find.

For the air flow, should I have a passive intake and an active exhaust with an inline fan? Or should both intake and exhaust be active?
    I was looking at a soleur and polea inline fan since its quiet, but its extremely large for the growspace. (2 ft Long X 18" Deep X 2 ft Tall) 

This is intended to be a completely stealthy grow, so does anyone have any suggestions for a quiet yet small inline fan solution? The fan I was talking about is 9" X 5" X 5" which is too large to be contained within the box without wasting too much space. Any suggestions at all will help!