Poppies :)

Discussion in 'General' started by XZit, Jul 10, 2005.

1. Well as you all know there is a specific strain of poppies that contain opium.
    somniferum poppie is what its called.

Anyhow---in my area (Seattle) these poppies grow wildly.
    And you can make opium out of these poppies and put it ontop of your bowl.

First of all---you can buy poppie seeds in the super market. Surprizinly these can be extracted and you can get opium out of them. The quality of quantity of the product won't be as good as from the somniferum seed pods, but if you use like 2 pounds of poppie seeds and do the extraction method you can get a good quantity and quality. :)

1.) Basically go to your grocery store--buy about 1 pound or 2 pounds worth of poppie seeds. Shouldn't cost you more then $10 at the max.

2.) Grind these seeds into a fine powder-using a morder (sp) and pestel or other method(s).

3.) Soak this powder in a mixture of water and lemon juice (about enough to cover completly plus an inch) for approx. 3-4 hours.

4.) Take this slurry and strain it into a glass cooking pot.

5.) Boil until the liquid turns into a kind of brown/black paste

6.) Let the stuff sit out for as long as possible to dry.
    At this stage its up to you on how to injest it. You could smoke it if you want in a pilo (tweak pipe---lol) or best is to put it ontop of your bowl of weed.
    The weed will last for HELLA and you will feel really good. :)

Theres also just swallowing the whole bloody blob of stuff, or making a tea with it (stewing the water, putting the blob in e.t.c. in the water--making normal tea with it)

Now I'm not 100% sure about using ANY seeds from the grocery store. I've done some extensive reading on www.erowid.com about this--and a lot of people report using store bought poppie seeds for making opium tea/opium.

If you guys watch myth busters--they actually tested the myth of--if you eat a poppie seed bagel before taking a drug test that you can fail. And so they had two differen't people that took a UA (drug test) before injesting the poppie seed bagels, both came up clean. Then the two people ate two differen't things that both have poppie seeds in them/on them (poppie seed bagel and somthing else)
    and guess what? BOTH people failed the drug test!!

The only way for a drug test to be failed is to obiviously have a substance in your bloodstream that causes this. i.e. psycoatives, mary j, opiates.
    The poppie seed bagels obviously caused them to fail the drug test--and thus these poppie seeds contained the alkaloid "opium".

So give this extraction method a try.
    Theres a lot of reading to do on www.erowid.com about various other extractions.

Heres a opium tea recipe if your not so much into smoking the stuff:
    Taken from: http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=41576

1.) Take about 55g of store bought poppy seeds

2.) Grind them for about 60 seconds in three portions in a mortar & pestle.

3.) Place in a glass jar and cover with 4oz of lemon juice concentrate and about 8oz of steaming hot water.

4.) Steep the mixture, with stirring for about 45 minutes

5.) Filter through a piece of clean cloth into a glass.

6.) The liquid will turn a whitish color, with small beads of a refractive oil floating on top.

7.) Add Ice, sugar, and water, and the mixture will end up tasting like lemonade with a hint of some type of flowery taste (hopefully--lol!)

Heres what this person experianced after injestion of this tea:
    T+0:30h - A mild numbness of the skin is noted, along with a slight slowing of coordination. Feels like 5mg or so of hydrocodone.

T+1:00h - Effects remain constant. The other portion of the tea was consumed over another 15 minutes.

T+1:30h - A little bit stronger, but not much. Still at the level of a weak hydrocodone dose. This continues at this level until I'm ready for some sleep, around T+7:00h.

T+7:30h - Sleep comes easy, but I awake often due to profuse sweating over the next couple of hours.

T+14:00h - Awake to alarm. Skin is still numb, and feeling a little queasy. Decide this would be a good day to stay in.

Current. My skin is still a little numb, feels like after-effects at this point though. No negative side effects except the queasyness upon awakening.

basically like any other substance---try to stay up and awake and enjoy it. Don't just do somthing and pass out. Unless your used to doing that with pot or whatever. But even in my case I like to cheef and enjoy my high and do somthing fun i.e. bbq, see a movie, play video games e.t.c. and not just pass out.
    Since this opium tea lasts for a while do it on like a friday or a weekend or somthing. Should be nice :)

Have fun, be safe.

pz

PS: For your information if your curious-->It is LEGAL to grow opium poppies. Yet ILLEGAL to crop them/get opium from them.

There is some confusion in the law, however, because opium-producing poppies are widely grown around the US and Canada and the opium poppy seeds are omnipresent in cooking, breads, and deserts. The grey-blue poppy seeds sold in virtually every grocery store in the US contain low levels of opiates (not psychoactive levels). Poppy pods are widely used in dry flower arrangements.

Law enforcement in the US is somewhat schizophrenic about these plants, although there are continual attempts to try to stop them from being sold or grown. If poppies are grown as sources for opiates, there is no question that it violates the CSA. If poppies are purely grown for ornamental purposes, their legal position is somewhat less clear cut, since they are so widely grown and available.

according to experiances on www.erowid.com people have used store bought (grocery store) poppies for all their extranction methods. So yes--store bought poppie seeds to contain opiates (psycoatives) its just that you have to either eat like--pounds of the seeds, or do a extraction method.

pz

2. Bump.

If anyone has had experiance with this, or knows somthing about this make sure to leave a reply! :) :smoke:

3. what is the purpose of the lemon juice? is there any way to increase the potency? do i even need to?