Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Poppers; Have You Heard Of Them?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by SamuraiSmoker, Jun 20, 2014.

1. Hey there, im new to Grasscity, and i live in Toronto, Canada.
    Here in toronto, and areas around here, we smoke these things called "poppers".

Essentially it's a straight tube bowl piece, and you cut a sliver of a cigarette, stuff it in, then pack your trees overtop. when you brew with this piece it will 'pop' when it slides down the stem, and hits you hard.
    I was just wondering if anyone has smoked these or heard of them?

View attachment 1482247

2. Hey there, im new to Grasscity, and i live in Toronto, Canada.
    Here in toronto, and areas around here, we smoke these things called "poppers".

Essentially it's a straight tube bowl piece, and you cut a sliver of a cigarette, stuff it in, then pack your trees overtop. when you brew with this piece it will 'pop' when it slides down the stem, and hits you hard.
    I was just wondering if anyone has smoked these or heard of them?

Screenshot 2014-06-20 at 12.45.34 AM.png

3. Any pictures?

4. All I knew is it was tobacco and weed together in a bowl, idk anything about the fancy method you're talking about. Demonstration?

5. Why a cigarette?

If yoi gotta use that brown, why not quality pipe tobacco?

6. Poppers are naaasty man!!!

I get it that people get a massive headrush & it saves the weed but there are waaay better forms of smoking weed

7. Papa johns has chicken poppers those are pretty good

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. Taking the paper and tobacco and weed in a bong hit? Is that what I am hearing?

It's basically a small bowl & you put a small piece of a cigarette in first then cover it with weed on top.
    Take one hit & you basically feel ripped with a nicotine head rush. Poppers are popular here in Canada

10. Pipe tobacco isn't fine enough or dry enough.

I always found taking a huge bong hit to be just the same, or really if you get a gpen or like model because it is just a generic epen with logos printed on. I think the one I saw advertised here was the same thing. But yea, or just take an epen hit or dab of wax.

12. I've only tried it a couple of times but I hate doing them because your lungs feel destroyed afterwards, not worth the phlegm you spit out and I don't like smoking tobacco with weed. Concentrates are definitely way better though, dabs are amazing  :metal:

13. Never heard of those here in Cali.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

But tobacco is not supposed to be inhaled as deeply as cannabis. That is what everyone does not know, or forgets.

15. Yeah, in france everyone does that (well the majority of people). Put a bit of tobacco in the bowl and cover it with hash/weed. When you start to taste the tobacco suck it up as fast as you can so it all falls down the downstem... Saves weed, but fcks your lungs up. Very hard hit. 

My mates do it with a couple small acrylic bongs, i haven't done it for a year now, it's god damn horrible especially when some stingy guy packs you a bowl so small that you HAVE to burn the tobacco... Fucking horrible . But the other day a mate did it in a nice perc'd glass bong, with a precooler. I was like "NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!" :p

But now tobacco is not allowed in my place, or anywhere near my new glass bong :D

ps: yeah, fancied to tell a story.

16. #16 ForeverFaded21, Jun 20, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2014
    They're nasty. I used to hit them once in a while because of the intense headrush but don't anymore. I have buddies that have been doing them for years and I don't even wanna know what their lungs look like.. (smokes cigs AND hits poppers). Its annoying to toke with certain people around here cause you'll pack a nice green bowl and pass it around then when your friend is gonna pack up, he just wants to pack poppers cause it uses a lot less weed, so we both just end up smoking our own, not as fun imo, weed's meant to be shared.

17. Yeah their useless and serve no purpose, u get a head-rush an that's it, my cuzin smokes them and hel only hit 5 n use more tobacco then ganj which is nasty an il hit like 30 and be like ok what's so special? Headrush wears off after 2 minutes and ur sitting their not even that high lol

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

Yeah thats really annoying! I feel high because of the rush but then a couple minutes later i realise i'm not.... pointless imo

19. 30 Poppers in a sitting?!? Think of your health man.

20. Disgusting… But I guess tobacco smokers like them. 

…..Talk to someone who been doing them for a couple of months, you will realize how nasty it really is.