Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

popo

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by JahGanja, Jun 12, 2009.

1. We got pulled over last night cause we were parked on the side of the street. Cop took me out of my car and threatened me multiple times, telling me we had to give him everything in my car then he would search the car with his dog and ARREST US. Told him the truth and gave him EVERYTHING in the car. He lectured us for about half an hour, then let us go. Changed my perspective of cops forever

2. In a good way or bad way?

3. good way, i mean he let us go

4. probably enjoying your bud at this moment:smoking:

5. Wow he seems like a pretty chill guy. You did the right thing to do what he said.

6. Lol :p

You got lucky, make sure you don't get caught in that area again.

7. glad to see you got let go, man.

that's why i always say JUST BE HONEST with the cops.

i have yet to be arrested & have been pulled over w/ bud a few times.

If i remember correctly, the Supreme Court passed a law in which cops cannot search your car w/o a warrant, or something. I can't remember what exactly, but something about them not being able to simply search anyone's car whenever they want to

8. yea man show cops respect and hope for the best

cops still suck tho.

9. #9 ModderXtr, Jun 12, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2009
    You were granted this right in the Bill of Rights. Shit, what are they teaching people in school these days.

10. I wasn't trying to be a dick, what I was referring to in the latter of the two sentences is the general lack of information of ones rights around here. Only the first sentence was directed towards you personally.

Hope that clears things up, and thanks for the link.

11. no problem man. I couldn't remember everything off the top of my head, so i just made a pretty vague statement concerning our rights, like you said.

12. the thing that a lot of people forget about cops is that they're people too, meaning that there are good ones, and there are bad ones.

i've smoked weed with cops i've met, but i've also heard some horror stories from friends.

they're not machines, they're people and it's still a crapshoot whether they're nice or assholes.

13. You would be surprised at the amount of shit you can get away ith with cops.
    Barely open your window to talk to them, then they can't stick they head in and 'smell something funny'.
    Get out and CLOSE YOUR DOOR, it's your car, they don't have to sit and rummage through it.
    Be very direct and cooperative, don't try to hide anything.
    Cops will be in shock and the end of their ego trip will force them to use different judgment.

14. Yeah, where you are from? That matters a lot. Cops that don't have to deal with actual crime all the time are far more easy going than for instance cops from Oakland, CA or other big violent crime cities. Especially if you happen to be of a disagreeable racial/ethnic background.

And to clarify. Your car can be searched without a warrant if any one of the following conditions is met:

1) the officer reasonably believes you may have a weapon in the vehicle; or
    2) the officer has probable cause to believe there is marijuana or other contraband inside the car; or
    3) the officer arrests you; or
    4) your car has already been impounded.

The language is extremely loaded, and the exact interpretation of the words in bold matter tremendously, but you get the general gist of it.

15. how much did you have on you/in the car?

16. i live in maine...i had a half oz a bong and a little bit of alcohol

17. Where the hell do cops get off starting shit with people who are parked on the side of the street?

Same thing happened to me last year, except I wasn't holding anything so I wasn't worried. I was just sitting outside of my girlfriend's house waiting for her to get ready and this asshole comes up flashes his lights and gives me shit for 20 minutes about how I was acting suspicious.

I was like "I don't understand how I was acting suspicious, sir, I'm just sitting in my car waiting for my girlfriend" Dude gave me a whole load of bullshit and asked me 5 separate times if I was high. Finally after my girlfriend came out of the house he decided that it was time to leave.

18. #20 emazing, Jun 13, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 13, 2009
    Who in the hell told you that? These are rights that we've had since the Bill of Rights was ratified on December 15, 1791.