Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Popcorn nugs -VS- Large nugs

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Just DAB It, Mar 5, 2013.

1. Besides personal prefrence is there any diffrence in flavor, THC and potency between popcorn and semi large nugs (1.0g - 2.0g) I recently picked up some meds from my local delivery service and my driver said he had only popcorn nugs left and insisted they smoked just as great as the large.

Upon receiving my order they were indeed popcorn to mini size nugs and the smell and flavor is great IMO and I am also good and baked plus the nugs look great just small lol. So I am basically trying to see if there is any huge diffrence between the two that any body might know of or experienced, I can't seem to tell any diffrence at this point except the fact I got an extra gram for the popcorn nugs which was great!

2. My most recent pick up consisted of an ounce or more of popcorn nugs and shake. In my opinion it is about preference. You end up breaking down nugs anyway in order to pack a bowl or roll up. I have never had anything negative to say about popcorn nugs and the like. They get you equaly high and smell just as good as the huge nugs.

3. most popcorn nugs i pick up are always very dense and smelly most large nugs aren't very dense

4. I prefer smaller nugs, way less stem.

5. well iv always personally thought that there is naturally ganna be more thc on the tips of the colas compared to a smaller popcorn bud or shake

6. As long as the buds aren't tiny buds from the bottom of a plant that didn't mature, then they should be just as good as the larger buds.

Large colas are just a bunch of small buds growing together to look like one.

7. This^

8. I've never noticed a difference in the flavor, smoke, high... but I must admit I'm a bit of a snob and I just like breaking up nice nugs. Not real dense, not real fluffy but somewhere in between. Hypothetically of course, if I were to "sell" in California, a $20/gram nug had better be grown right, dried right, cured right,GROWN INDOORS, and have great attributes pertaining to that strain. Price should always reflect the quality of the product.

9. Shit if you got an extra G, I'd be telling the dude to save the popcorn for me!

10. An extra gram of Medusa OG definetly made me happy!

[​IMG]

11. More surface area on a g of popcorn buds vs a 1g nug, doesn't that mean more crystals? As the outside of the bud are where most crystals form and stay. Is that wrong lol I'm baked and have no clue what I'm on about lol

12. [quote name='"shroomkid"']More surface area on a g of popcorn buds vs a 1g nug, doesn't that mean more crystals? As the outside of the bud are where most crystals form and stay. Is that wrong lol I'm baked and have no clue what I'm on about lol[/quote]

No.theres crystals in the buds as well as the outside

13. I know there is haha just thought there might have been a larger amount of crystals on the surface of the buds.

14. So far what everyone has been posting has been correct these popcorn and mini nugs are dank as fuck with little to no stem and smoke great!

15. I recently got an 8th some teeny tiny little buds that I made last 5 days and they got me very baked.

I wouldn't care if it's popcorn or big nugs, as long as I'm getting lifted, it's all good.

16. For some reason I feel like the bigger nugs are always more potent/smelly/better tasting. Maybe it's just because they take longer to dry out. I don't know. Big nugs are awesome though.

17. Just picked up a half ounce of these "popcorn nugs". They seem to be doing the trick just as well as the big boys, but it's disconcerting grinding up 2 of them at once to pack up the bong.

18. I love large nugs too but so far these popcorn nugs are doing the trick just as good. :cool:

19. My friends and I usually all buy at once to save money, and whenever I'm the guy who picks up I tend to give the huge nugs away. I like them, they're great for showing off at parties :ey: , but I love how little stem the smaller nugs have. I don' ask for either one of them though, I'm pretty neutral :p

20. Yup lol