Poor stoners rejoice

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by Hawaiian Haze, Nov 1, 2010.

1. I found this really cool site that gives you a recipe for making clay with simple ingredients like flower and salt. You can make anything from an ashtray to a pipe (wet or dry) and all you need is an oven to make it. I wish I had known about this back when I was a youngin. Right now I've got a mushroom ashtray and pipe drying in my oven and will be sure to post some pictures once it's all finished. Here is the website for anyone that is interested.

DIY Ashtrays | eHow.com

Keep toking.

2. •1 cup flour
    •1/2 cup salt
    •1/2 cup water
    •Mixing bowl
    •Non-stick cookie sheet
    •Oven
    •Paint
    •Clear varnish

+rep! thank you=)

3. You should try making a bowl out of this and tell me how it works

4. Like a bowl for eating or smoking?

5. If it were safe to smoke out of I will do this in a heart beat. But I would definetly need to find out how cause I also have no idea how you could "make it" not just make the ingridents. but I will be making an ashtray, thats totally fucking awesome

6. definitely making a sick ashtray tonight, thanks dude!

also read on the website to add food coloring to the clay if you dont have paint, definitely gonna try to make a mary jane green ashtray

7. This should include safe-homemade gear, as well as strategies to save cash/bud. do it up fellow po folks

8. im gonna try to use this recipe to make a pipe. I think if i wrap the clay around a pencil so it has a hole in the middle and then just shape the bowl it will do the trick.

I dont think it would be an everyday piece though. Its probably tough to clean if its even safe to smoke out of.

9. i definitely wouldn't make a pipe. first of all its not real clay. second, clay is put in a kiln at the temperature cone 6 to actually turn it into something useful. third, you definitely don't want to put paint or some kind of covering on it then smoke/drink/eat out of it, it can be very poisonous.

10. Poor or not this shit's cool. Another +rep coming your way

11. What swisher said, if you need a quick piece a plastic bottle and some aluminum foil will make a good steamroller any day. With a pen, a simple sheet of aluminum foil can be made into a piece too. Its just fragile, gets hot really quickly, and I don't know how smoking off of aluminum is. That said use foil any day over clay for your pieces. Or someone can prove me wrong. :p

Anyway I'll probably make a nice ashtray tomorrow. I have a pretty awesome design already in mind.

12. Fuck aluminum foil. I'd rather smoke clay.

13. Yeah .... good luck with that haha. Foil isn't hazardous to your health, no more then varnish is. And without varnish your bowl will just crack to the consistent heat of your flame. Foil is one of the poor stoner's best tools. Nowadays I'm with ya, smoking out of foil is something I just don't do. But in a time when I was broke and wasn't eighteen to pick up a piece(or have a ride) it was one of my(and the groups) best friends.

14. I'm gonna make a clay container to stash stuff in!!

15. yeah, an ashtray, or a stash container with a top is a cool idea, i probably wouldn't make a pipe though but that's me. :)

16. I made a bowl with the suggested ingredients and came to find out that the mouth piece has a very salty flavor to it. As for the smokeing part, it's not the best, but I found it was pretty similar to my old clay indian peace pipe. It might just be best for making ashtrays though.