Poor College Boy Closet Grow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by RyanBrah, Feb 19, 2010.

1. Hey all, Ive been a lurker for far to long and it's time I joined. i was recommended to this site by my buddy HydrosRHeaven, and thought I'd come out of the shadows and interact. I'm currently growing a little girly in the closet. Shes about 6 weeks old. I started with 3 random bag seeds, 2 proved to be males, and left me with the beautiful girl I have now. Im almost certain that the strain I have growing now is Dragonfruit, we got some MMJ from Cali that was on sale casue the batch had been pollinated and was full of seeds. The herb was bomb, and gave me about a half dozen seeds... With that background information said that leads me to now.

Ive got a fairly inexpensive set up, I have 2 23w soft white CFLs, and 2 23w Daylight CFLs. The soli is half potting mix and half peat moss. During its Veg cycle (4weeks) I did use one Plant food stick. For flowering (2weeks) thus far I have used the more organic route; ground peanut shells, egg shells, and banana peel. The container is slightly smaller than Id like it (3 gal?) but anywho is working. Ive got it on a timer, with 11 on/ 13off. And also have a desk fan in the cardboard grow box to keep the air circulated. And finally I have a rubbermaid tote that is lined with aluminum foil and that is where the container is stationed with the lights clipped directly overhead. Altogether Id say Im in it about $50, but its a good hobby and cant wait to harvest my own crop.

Oh and also this isnt my first grow. I have attemped previously two other times and was unsuccessful. The first one was in flowering and was burned and killed by a timer malfunction, and the second one developed balls and had to be chopped. With that said 3rd times a charm! Im gettin a crop this time. Ill post pictures below to keep yall updated till this point. Thanks for your interest and stay tuned!:smoking:

Attached Files:

2. Good luck!

3. Thanks Brotha, Ill need it with my past record hah

4. Heres an update as of 2/20...

I brought her inside to be fed, ground up 3 eggshells and gave her a 1/2 a teaspoon of sugar with about 24oz of water.

Any input, advice, help would be much appreciated. I still really am not sure about everything Im doin.

Thanks all

The pictures below are as follows: the 1st one is the 1st week that they sprouted, and now it down to one (the one in the smallest pot). The second picture is a profile shot of her top node. Does she look healthy? A few leaves seem to be curling, but not dying. :confused_2:

Attached Files:

5. Leaves are nicely green but she does look a little droopy. Was that pic taken just after a watering or early after the lights turned on? Make sure to let her dry out completely between waterings. She should be just fine.

6. Yep it was about 2 hrs after she woke up and right after I watered her. So that makes sense. Thanks

7. Good deal, should be fine. They store water over night and get a little droopy, but perk right up mid day after a good watering. Keep the pics coming, we love our bud pics!

8. You should also think about ditching that foil. It's not very effective, plain white paint would be better. If you're near Aurora I can refer you to a hydro shop that carries mylar. $20 will get you more than you need.

9. nice. its looking good.

10. Hell yea I picked up a westword and there is a grow store right down the street. Think I could get mylar there?

11. Whats up my man! Good lookin bitches you got there :ey: I agree 100% with the fella that said the drooping is from the water. You'll definitely have an easier time hurting her with too much water than not enough.

Needless to say I'll be back brah!!!!

12. Looking good!, looks like my grow. Saving my pennies for a 400w hps. Using 4 x 4' phillips grow fluorescents.

13. Probably so, any decent one should carry it. It's better than a mirror. You'll see results quickly. I swear by it.

14. K well today when I'm outta class I'll go pick up some mylar and hopefully have updated pics tonight of the new and improved setup

15. Get er done!

16. Good luck!! Im going out and about today to see how much things are to get my own started. Its seems soo fucking easy! Def subscribed, ill be watching!

17. what college you at brah

18. Im at UC Denver.

19. thats was up i used to go to metro over there u should pm when u get a chance