Pond Zyme instead of HydroZyme/SensiZyme/MultiZyme

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by PURPLE_TREES, Aug 2, 2011.

1. Interesting...
    Ya, you (IMO) will have usable nutrient, but at what level, what elements would you have, and what elements are missing, would be my question...

I could see it as a supplemental watering for organic soil..
    Like when I change my reservoir I use a pond pump and sprinkler to water my lawn..
    My old neighbors could not figure out how the fuck my lawn was so dam green and lush looking.. A couple even accused me of using green paint on my lawn... LOL

But ya, anything which breaks down is going to give up it's elements, but again, what is there, what is not, and at what levels..

2. well thats just it if ur decomposing mj that was grown right all the nutes /elements minerals /auxins should still be there. I'm going to try it.

3. My only concern is the "at what level"??
    So because the plant was killed when it's pumped full of Potassium, Phosphorus, and very little Nitrogens left in the plant, then to me that's what it's going to give up...

Using it you will have a faster buildup of the elements it released.. So on top of your regular NPK, your giving it say more Potassium, or Phosphorus, which of course the plants do not use as much during veg., thus those elements could buildup to toxic levels rather quickly (because the are not being used as rapidly)..

I'm not 100% sure how Coco acts (never used it), but maybe that would be good to use as a soil flush... Meaning that in soils, we flush with pHed water (which strips or flushes the soil of most elements), then we wait for the next watering before we add back the balanced NPK... So if you were to flush with this (special thesage3 flush), then it (IMO) would still give you a flush, but also would still give you a lower level of NPK in the soil as you're waiting for the soil to dry to give the regular dose of nutrients...

Kind of like an organic flush.. ;)

If that makes sense?? :confused:

But yes, IMHO you're right, by doing that, it would release most (if not all) it's elements which the plant had stored before the plant's demise...

4. well I don't kill off my plants with h p and k I taper nutes back and the Idea is not to have to use much of anything else the plant was green right so it would have enough n . plus the plant is only going to take what it needs thus by me making a tea out of pond zyme and plant matter it needs would be fulfilled. maybe it might even kill the plant who knows, but I'm bored and tried of paying for nutes so I'll give it a shot.

I expect it will take some time to brew but I will keep you posted.

5. Ya man, let me know how it turns out, my patients want me to go organic....

So I very well maybe switching to soil.. [​IMG]

6. More the reason why you should switch to coco instead of soil imho. If you already have a hydro background then you dont have to change a thing as far as PH goes as hydro and coco go by the same ph. Coco retains water and if you add just a little perlite coco drains better than soil. Ive found it impossible to over water using coco. And also you can use organic nutes and use organic amendments like soil. All the benefits of soil and hydro in 1 medium. So essentially youre growing organic hydro weed!

7. Interesting...
    Ya, it has been YEARS since I have used soil (outside of mothers)..
    Been growing hydro for the past oooooooh, maybe 12yrs or so...

But they keep saying organic, and I keep saying organics don't work in hydro, they still keep saying they want "natural"... :rolleyes:

I say hydro is bigger and faster, they say organics are better for the body.. :rolleyes:

So something is got to give here, and I'm thinking it's going to be me... ;)

8. nooooooooooooo not soil.coco

9. coco is hydro and there are plenty of certified organic nutes that will work with coco, hell I bet I could shit in a pot of coco and it would work.lol

10. OK, first off, :eek: ewwwwwwwwwwwwww...

But from the way they are talking, they want me to go complete organic..
    No nutrients, all castings, guano, and yes coco fibers, etc. etc....

But with all the soil mix searching I have done, I see no thesage3 poop :D

11. You could go organic with hydro by making Tea's. This is a trend in organic lawn care where people make tea's with any number of things. This may have been discussed ad nauseam before but just throwing it out there.

12. Its do out in the spring I only sh!t once a year. but its a doozey .lol ps look for all the upcoming propaganda about how its the cats ass and u can't grow mj without it.lol

ps I would try to convince them that coco happy frog h p bat and botanicares original pure blend( its certified organic.) is the way to go good big nugs and good tasting.

13. i use sensizyme once my roots have popped but try using silica blast this seems to give ur clones some shelf life and keep bacteria at bay its kinda like a immune system for the plant it will help it thrive in poor conditions maybe this would help out .......:D not saying u have poor conditions in ur room i mean like stress of cloning, ph flux,heat etc etc ya know?