Pond Water

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Kluu, Jun 16, 2013.

1. So I'm starting my first grow soon and trying to get everything planned for ahead of time.  Kinda a weird question here: I have a pond on my property full of carp and catfish, it's filled with irrigation water.  Would it be beneficial to use water from the pond compared to tap water? 

2. you will want to know what polutants are in it but it will be well oxygenated and full of nitrate which is good for veging plants also whats the ph of the water.

3. See it as a diluted organic tea, try it for 2 weeks or so, on another plant as a trial run, then to your Mj plants, and use less nutes with your plants 

4. Thanks for the reply's, the pond is surrounded by trees and plants.  It's not stagnant at all it has flow in one side and out the other.  I haven't tested the ph levels yet.

5. If you don't have a Ph test kit, use those 'pool strips' any drugstore for 2-4 bucks, is this an out door grow?

6. I'm doing a few outdoor and a few indoor.  

7. If the trees around the pond are healthy... you'll be fine. I often use old fish tank water.

8. This^^^  If its already supporting fish and plant life you should be good to go. I've used fish tank water before and I've read lots of good results about using pond water. We were just talking about it in the organic section the other day.

9. Cool, my wife and I are totally going organic.  We grow a big garden already and shop at Sprouts for any food.