Pompatus's first CFL grow - Lots of pics & updates

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by Pompatus, May 11, 2008.

1. Hey GC:wave:. My first sprout got fried, so this is going to be my second attempt. I'm panning on LSTing two small plants. I've looked through pretty much everyone's grow journals and I bought Jorge Cervante's growing book, so I think I'm pretty prepared. For the record, i am not trying to grow the dankest nugs or yield alot. I just want to grow. I know my space is small, but i have to make what i have work

Seeds:

7 x Middie bagseed

1 X Chronic bagseed ( I picked up a quper of purps and found one seed in the whole thing. I'm hopin its a purple lady :p)

Soil:

I'm using <a href=http://www.gbsoil.com/products-gallery/gbsoil/>Gardener & Bloome organic potting soil</a>. I looked at all of the soil that was at the nursery and this seemed like the best one.

Plant:

I have one plant that is already about two and a half weeks into veg. My buddy planted it on his balcony and he said he'd give it to me. Its at about the fourth internode and I can see female preflowers. Gonna start LST on it as soon as I can. From what I can tell it is very sativa looking. It has long slender leaves and is kinda stretchy, but that might be because its outdoors.

Grow Box, lighting, ventilation, etc...:

I have an old Kenwood speaker that I dismantled. I had it lined with foil, but I took it off. I'm gonna try and paint the inside flat white.

2 x 26W daylight CFLs

2 x 23W warm light CFLs

1 x 18W bright light CFL

Total: 116W

2 x 12v computer fans, one for exhaust, one for circulation (until I can get a bigger one)

Here's dome pics of the setup
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Questions or comments are welcome:smoking:

2. Wow. You got your lighting down!

3. Becareful, as I have noticed that Duct-tape will loose its effectiveness with heat very easily, those lights could fall if temps get high enough.

4. you gonna grow 8 plants with only 115w of light? :eek: thats too low. 1-2 plants max. for one plant will be good,but for 2 - possible that they gonna grow stretched.

5. Thanks man! Good luck with your super tiny grow by the way.

Yeah i was kind of concerned about that too right after i finished making the pulley system. i'll just keep a close eye on it.

Nah I only germinated that many because i didn't know if they would all crack...and all of them ended up cracking except one, so i'm only gonna plant 3 of them and the rest i might just plant in the wilderness. the one chronic seed also cracked, so now i have one plant and seven potential plants.

Thanks for stoppin by everybody!:hello: ill keep you guys updated. Nothing really new to report... all i see is soil.

6. Hey GC:wave:. I'm ditching the speaker grow box and am in the process of building a much more suitable one. until i get that finished, i'm just gonna grow them outdoors, so they get off to a good start. i'll post pics of that when i can. but in the meantime, two of the seedlings have sprouted.

heres the middie bagseed one. its cotyledons haven't open yet, but they will soon.
    [​IMG]

This one i named Qupurp, because i found it in a qp of purple bud :D.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

:smoking:

7. long story short, all of the plants that i posted earlier died. its painful for me to talk about, so i dont want to bring it up:(.

BUT...... THERE IS ANOTHER SEEDLING!!!!! I forgot about the rest of the seed that i had germinating and this one had reached out of the paper towels and was tryin to get some light. so i put it in some soil and hopefully it will grow:D.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

What do you guys think???

Edit:: by the way, i am considering this day four...because i want to.