Pomade. Who else uses it?

Discussion in 'General' started by grinDer, Jan 25, 2009.

1. I usually either spike my hair or go with a fohawk but I've been using pomade for about 8 years now and I've never had anything do as good of a job. Gives your hair that "wet" look and it holds a lot better than any gel I've ever tried. Plus the kind I use (murray's) is only around $2.60 a can. Anybody else use pomade?

[​IMG]

2. I don't want Fop, god damnit, I'm a Dapper Dan man.
    [​IMG]

3. [​IMG]

Well, it didn't look like a two-horse town, but try finding a decent hair jelly.

But seriously, I've never used pomade before. If I do "style" my hair I just use a little bit of gel to keep it from sticking up everywhere when it dries.

4. Nope, I'm a shampoo and comb-it guy myself.

5. grinDer, that is a sick can

6. It actually makes a decent stash can when you are done with it. Only thing is if you get it wet it starts to rust. I love the way it smells too. If you're ever at Walgreen's, stop in the hair section and open up the can and smell it and that's what my hair smells like, haha. It's kind of a bitch to get out of your hair because it is basically wax but I style my hair everyday anyways so it works out.

7. nature styles my hair

lol

8. Shampoo and a brush.

Fuckin way she goes

9. I want to cut my hair real short to a #2 and then use pomade to make my hair lay flat, but I don't know if it'll work.

10. I don't have much hair left, but for what little there is, I use some "forming cream" by Crew. Dunno what it is, but it smels decent, and holds extremely well.

11. You mean like a #2 all over your head? Even if that's the case you could prolly mash it down flat with pomade. This stuff is like beeswax/glue pretty much. When it's warm it's real easy to work with and then it thickens up a lot when it's cooled down. I've slept and woken up with the same hair style I went to bed with - that's how strong this shit is, rofl.

12. I either use Redken for Men or American Crew (on my dude clients, of course, not me...)
    pomade is awesome.

13. crew fiber is what i use when i have short hair... wayyy better than pomade imo

14. i used to use crew products...but i dont put anything in my hair anymore with the exception of special occasions where i gotta look extra sexy.