Polygamy vs Monogamy: GO!!!

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by IamODESE, Oct 12, 2010.

1. Alright Grasscity, from the dumbest dumb dumbs to the most articulate of scholars...Let's talk about polygamy and monogamy!!!

Which do you prefer and why? Try to explain your logic. Don't just say things like, "I'm for X because it's the right thing" or whatever.

Give me reason!

Let's DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Monogamy.

Taking care of one woman is one woman enough for me

3. No bigamy?

But I am far from skilled enough to pull of having 4 girls at a time. I mean that'd be like all my week just with my girlfriends. I'd run out of jokes pretty quickly.

4. #4 million, Oct 12, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 22, 2010
    I prefer monogamy. It's hard to explain because really it just feels right! I am not interested in an open affair. I am interested in loving someone with an open heart. I am interetsed in going the distance with my true love. I think there's nothing like the level of trust that develops between 2 people who share a monogamous relationship. I think devotion is the key to many aspects of life and I feel that if one is to devote themselves romantically to many women or men at one time, then it is truly not devotion. Umm yeah... also I think agreeing on 'cheating' just takes away that "thrill" that comes with the idea of cheating and not getting caught (Just the idea. The possibility. Not the actual act). Now that doesn't mean people should fall madly in love and fully commit to one person as soon as possible, more like people shouldn't get married so early,they should live life, do all the crazy shit they want to and then settle down. Then they probably won't feel the need polyamorous relationships.

ummm maybe I just don't know. LOL

5. I'm for it if it's the kind of thing you're into, I just don't ascribe to it myself. It's hard enough to find one person that you're really compatible enough with to have a great relationship/marriage as it is, much less... seven or eight.

Just my take on the whole thing.

As far as having an 'open relationship' with someone, where you can have no-strings-attached sex with other people without it becoming an issue, I'm all for it if you can make it work. I just don't see it working for me on a regular basis - if my girlfriend approached and said, "Hey, so and so want to have a threesome, foursome, etc," which has been brought up a few times, then sure.

All the time, though? Nah. Gets too complicated.

6. I think that if someone was a cool enough cat, they'd be able to polygamize anyone, anything, anytime, and anywhere. If someone were to have enough love for everyone, for example.

I've never been in a polyrelationship but I'm pretty good at nurturing different kinds of people. If I were to do something outside a given relationship, I'd probably end up just hiding it because the other person would be claiming me as their property.

I also think there's a difference between straight sleeping around and polygamy. Sleeping around tends not to be less about love and more about other issues. Polygamy has the capacity to revolve around actually caring for someone.

Relationships don't have to relove around sex. For some people, it becomes more about the kind of time and quality they spend with someone as they get older.

I understand why someone would want to go mono or poly. I could probably do it either way.

7. #7 DV, Oct 12, 2010
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2010
    I go back and forth with this.
    While I'm open to the idea, I just don't think I could deal with it on a
    regular basis, maybe like once in a blue moon kinda thing. Then I think
    well fuck no, my bf is not going to be fucking some bitches other than
    me. So then I think well I wish only I could do it, ha but that's really
    unfair so then I end back up to the point where I just think monogamy
    is better than the jealousy that would come with it.

So I said Idk, but I don't think it'll ever happen, I'm content with that
    because I'm truly happy with just us.

Also, I'd only want sex, last night I asked my bf if I was the best sex
    he's ever had and he said fuck yes. So I figure we should just keep
    having the best sex of our lives then.

8. Agreed.

I'm into monogamy myself, but if polygamy is what you want and you find a way to make it work for you, then more power to ya. :D

I don't think there's any "right" or "wrong" answer here, it's just down to personal preference.

9. Ooops.... :bolt:

10. If I can barely deal with one female's drama how the FUCK am I gonna deal with multiple? Every guy would love it in the beginning but when you start forgetting anniversaries and birthdays....:(

11. Sir...SIR!

You forgot the Player Option :cool:

[​IMG]

Pic Unrelated

12. Monogamy.
    One for all, and all for one....

Or.. well.. you know what I mean. :D

13. Monogamy. i couldn't stand to see my man be with someone else. And I couldn't be with two people at once because I would naturally favor one over the other.

14. Monogamy for the win :hello:

15. Not enough sociopaths and giant hippies on GC, I see.

16. What does that even mean?
    You have to be a sociopath or a giant hippie to like/want polygamy?

17. I have alot of love to give, but i believe the quality of love you have to give is higher if it's only going to one person.

I mean, if you have 3 girlfriends how can you possibly give them equal attention and love?

Instead of spending your time trying to please different women/men you're giving all to one person.

:p That's just my opinion.

18. Ive seen both work and have been in poly relationships before. for me though Im the type of feline that likes all the attention on me. my sons father is currently living with 2 wifes 1 offical 1 off the books but he calls them both his wifes. works for him. and works for my oldest sister as well. but Im happy with my one guy who devotes himself to me.

19. I know one of the two people who voted for polygamy.

I'm wondering who's the other one...

20. It's a bad generalization, but it helps me.

And no. You don't. I apologize.