Pollination

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by jamesnb, Apr 20, 2013.

1. I saved some White Widow pollen last year and I have some re-vegged girls from which I'd like to get some seeds. The girls are starting week four of flower (12/12) and have some nice buds starting. What week do I apply the pollen and how long do I let them mature before I harvest the seeds?
    I tried pollinating some seed last year but very few of the seeds germinated. I'm guessing I didn't let them mature long enough.
    Thanks for the help.

2. Pollinate soon it takes 4-6 weeks for the seeds to mature. Hopfully your pollen kept alright over a year.

3. Thanks Green.
    The pollen has been cool and dry since last year. It's been in a gallon zip-loc, in the dark, at room temperature. What would you guess my chances are?
    If the pollen is "bad", will that mean poor fertilization or unhealthy offspring?
    They are starting week five tomorrow (4/22) and they are starting to smell really nice. Maybe I should just harvest and reveg them then move them outdoors for the summer? They would be ready for flowering just in time for the summer solstice :)
    Thanks again.