Pollinating and the male plant?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by 1stone1, Sep 30, 2015.

1. Hi, this is my second indoor grow. Got three haze xtreame plants on the go with two weeks since change of light, two females and one male. Since I have a male I was going to try pollinating just a few buds on the female plants. The problem I have is I only have one grow room that is 2'x4'x9' and I need to move the male out before it pollinates. I live in a cold climate (already had frost warnings) so outdoors is out of the question but I do have an old fridge in my shed that I can convert to hold one plant. The problem with this is that the haze plants are already 5' tall and the old fridge is only 4.5' high. finally to the question, can I cut the male plant in half and it still live and pollinate? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. Any comments? Very soon I have to remove the male before he has too much fun.

3. Yes cut the male to a size that is easily moved. But i wouldnt keep the 2 remotely close. You can keep the male in a closet.

4. thanks, after I cut him down do I still keep the 12-12 light schedule?

5. Someone said just tie it up in a garbage bag and they still live quite a while

6. I'm not the one who said it, but I can verify that. After a week and a half it was green and limp when it went to the dumpster. Maybe it lives on the humidity inside the bag?

7. Yes 12/12