Pollinated?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by aceofmase, Feb 1, 2012.

1. Hi GC,

So one of my plants popped out a seed pod overnight and I think that it may have opened a bit before I was able to pull it off. :(

What are the chances that my grow box is gong to be pollinated and will this affect my other plants? (most of them still seedlings, one 2 week old clone)

It's all bag seed except for the clone which is PK.

Anyone got input?

2. F*cking Hermis!

3. I can't help you and I expect you to get a satisfactory answer.

4. haha. BTW the plant that developed the seeds was a female 3 weeks into flowering. There were about 3 more pods on it that I ripped off. Is she f*cked?

5. Nah not fucked just gonna have some seedy ass bud.

6. My main concern is for my other plants. They are in a separate veg box but In the same room. The PK clone especially because she's already go pistols out, the others are just seedlings. I can move them to another room but do you think that one seed pod could pollinate an entire room?

Might be a stupid question but I'm freaking out about it!

7. Also, is the damage permanent to my flowering box? I heard that pollen never leaves once it's there.

8. I had the exact same thing happen to my Af kush. In three buds there r seed pods, but no where else on the plant. I, too, was in my thrid week of flower when this happened. Strange that the other buds are clean of seeds.

9. I heard that if your far enough along into flower than the plant doesn't have time to produce too many seeds. But I'm not too far long so I dunno

10. I say Put the others in a different room and wipe the original room down with water an bleach. The room should be good after that but cant say for sure about the plants. I'd say you got a better chance of the rest being okay then going hermi

11. Since I'm using a couple rubbermaid grow boxes it may be hard to bleach them. I moved the seedlings and my clone to a different room. The room is much cooler and definitely fluctuates with the outdoor temperature (very drafty). I was going to move them all into this room eventually when it got warmer outside but I guess I'll have to risk doing it earlier. I'll have to monitor the temp closely for now and make sure its not too cold.

Anyone know what the lowest temp seedlings can grow at?

12. Maybe I'll insulate the boxes at night with a blanket or something? I also have a cheap jiffy heat pad that might help but I don't think it emits very much heat.

13. I just looked it up and got this...

The optimal day temperature range for cannabis is 24 to 30 C (75 to 86 F). Temperatures above 31 C and below 15.5 C seem to decrease THC potency and slow growth. At 13 C the plant undergoes a mild shock, though some strains withstand frost temporarily.

14. I had a hermi that polinated 3 of my other plants. It had ONE open sack, and my 3 other plants started producing seeds.

They were 4 weeks into flower. Once they started making seeds, bud production HALTED.

There was absolutely no reason whatsoever to keep the plants. So I chopped them and smoked whatever wasn't seeded and started my next grow early.

Unless the plant is past 6 weeks flower, I would just chop it and salvage whatever you can.

My pollen sack was completely open in a SOG. So my scenario was bad, but hopefully only a couple spots on your plant got pollinated. In that case, you'll just have some seedy mid-grade bud (not like mexican, but mid grade GOOD SHIT haha).

15. Haha Thanks for your input! Honestly, I think I'm just going to push through on this one. She had produced 3 pollen sacks when I noticed and I picked them off very carefully to avoid pollen spillage. One may have opened but I couldn't see any visible pollen so hopefully it hasn't messed thing up too much.

As this is my first grow, I'm pretty happy how it's turned out so far. I've been checking them every time I walk past them (which is quite a bit, I might add haha) and no new pollen sacks have sprung up.