Pollenation 101?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by BasicInk, Aug 18, 2005.

1. I need some help.
    I am working on my first grow.
    I have 3 females and 1 male.

You can check out my grow journal here ---> http://forum.grasscity.com/showthread.php?p=669132#post669132

I wanted my plant to produce a minamal amount of seeds possible.
    Collected pollen from my male plant, if I apply the pollen to a couple of the hiars on 1 single branch on my plant will it pollenate the whole plant or just that area where the pollen was applied?

One more question. Can you tell I'm new here? haha

My male plant is going on 5 feet tall, will male plants produce any kind of smokable bud?hash?

Are they good for anything besides hemp and pollen?

2. Im not sure about the pollenation thing.
    All I know is that you should keep the male away from the females, stick a plastic bag over its branches and when the pollen sacs burst, the bag will collect pollen, then you place that bag onto a femal branch and it will pollenate.

I do know, however, that male plants have extremely low THC, if any. And it wont produce buds like the female, so there wont really be anything to smoke, if you even wanted to.

3. HIGH All, been gone a month or so...so I'll Welcome you to this Great City now. Welcome BasicInk.

Yes it's what I do just one branch and it's that one branch that will give you what your looking for. Just make sure when Pollinating your Baby you have All your vents turned O.F.F.F. and I use a little paint brush to do mine.

The male would make hash but it won't be as good.

4. sweet, thanks!