pollen question

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by shalionzfinest, Dec 26, 2008.

1. i was just smoking out of my illadelph and this popped into my head what would happen if say i would mix ww and nysd pollen together and pollinate a haze female will the female plant produce ww x nysd x haze seeds. sorry if this is a stupid question but i am baked right now

2. I think the first strain of pollen to impregnate the calyx is the type of strain it's going to be, so mixing it would just make it impossible to tell which seeds are crossed with what, but wouldn't create a 3 cross strain

3. that really isn't that bad of question, i mean, do weed plants work like humans???? i'd guess though that once impregnated that it would take the genetics of first come first serve.

4. yea you know what u guys are right that didnt even cross my mind i should of known that. it sounded like it mite work but i wasnt sure so i just threw it out there lol

5. If you want to use some pollen off 2 different strains on another female strain you should pollenate the female seperately and tag the pollenated areas by strain. Then take clones off the Haze and use the 2 crosses to get males and selectively pollentate the Haze clones again. Then you take these 2 strains of seeds and grow them out 2 or 3 gens until you get fairly stable crosses using only the best phenotypes from each cross. Save some pollen from each of the strains to backcross once you have the 2 crosses stablized. It will take patience, and many cycles of grows to get right, but it can be done. Presently I have over 7 yrs into my crosses and still am not completely satisfied. My TW X SMG is beginning to take form though and appears to finally be stablilized. Good luck

less

6. You'd wind up with some seeds that were ww x haze and some that were nysd x haze.