Pollen from a cutting?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Jnic-2204, Feb 20, 2017.

1. Hey fellow growers I wanted to try to make some of my own seeds and I have a few diff males from a few different strains and I wanted to know if anyone has ever tried to take a cutting and keep it alive in a cup of water long enough to produce pollen sacs or should I just keep them vegging and take a clone so I still have the father plant for experimentation?

2. If you want to keep some pollen you have to isolate the males. You'll never be able to get it to pop open male flowers so you can collect pollen in the same room as females. Just use a cheap CFL on a 12 hour timer to make it flower. Once it starts flowering lay down some paper under the plant and shake it every couple of days. Once you have a good amount of pollen on the paper you can fold it into an envelope and put it in an airtight container in the freezer.

You can label each container it will stay good for years in the freezer but it must be dry before freezing. Once you have a plant you want to pollinate take the container out of the freezer, open the paper, and dust a large branch with the pollen.

• Like Like x 1