Pollen collection Question

Discussion in 'Cannabis Breeding' started by DieselDude420, May 13, 2011.

1. SO I have been in flowering for a week now and found two males with sacks all over already. I took them out and put them in a separate location under some cfls. Using the breeders guide to collection and storage method, about how long will it take before the pollen sacks burst open producing pollen in my cups. Would making some sort of big upside down cone for collection be easier and just put around each plant or should I cut a bunch of branches and place into cups. Also should I do this right away or do I have a few weeks before the balls start to burst.

2. It usually does not take long, depending on the maturity of the males. Maybe a week or 2 at the most. Cones, paper, whatever works for collecting the pollen.

3. OK thanks id say maybe a week or so they will polinate. When doing so is it a good idea to be outide and shake them off or is it alright inside with no fans blowing. I just dont want pollen all over my clothes if it will dust off into the air being in a closet with hanging clothes.

4. Do them in an isolated area where the pollen will not spread to your grow room. I would just put them inside the bag and shake it around, but if you are careful the pollen will collect on the paper and you can just pour it off the paper into a bag and seal it. I put rice in with it. Seal it, vacuum sealing is better, then place it in the fridge.