Pollen and polinating questions??

Discussion in 'Cannabis Breeding' started by Crobes, Oct 22, 2010.

1. How long does it take for a male to produce usable pollen? Is it around the 60 days for a female to produce flowers or shorter. After collecting pollen, at what point during flowering do you polinate the female. Which week? Can I use a small T5 to grow the male in isolation...will that be enough light to produce good pollen or do I need HID light. Anyone that can help me with these questions would greatly appreciate it..thanks. My idea is to grow a black rose male from seed and cross it with a jack frost female...yep u guessed it...Black Frost!

2. Pollen takes less time by far. If the strains are around the same budding time i would guess your fine. I pollinated mine like week 3-4 of budding (tons of white hairs everywhere) though I hear you can do it later. A t5 should be plenty of light I used a 4ft 2 tube floro for my 5ft male I dug up outside it kept it alive and produced plenty of pollen (overkill actually as I don't need that much pollen but had to keep the plant alive). I suggest you put white paper down as the pollen sacks get closer to opening it makes pollen collection easy or put them both in the same chamber if you want to pollinate the whole plant.