Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Poll Question: Why do you (personally) use marijuana?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by mwilliamson, Jun 22, 2020.

1. Hello! This is a question more for the seasoned tokers - I'm looking to understand what weed helps you with the most on a medical basis (insomnia? Depression?) I'd also like to know whether there is a method of consumption that you prefer over all others?

Thank you for any input!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. Interesting question, ma and me have been smoking since the 1970's. Those earlier years I played around a little with growing my own, but mostly buying our smoke and not even knowing what we were getting, sativa, indica or in between. In those days all we wanted was a mind buzz or something to socialize with.
    Anyway now that we are considered senior citizens and since retiring I'm growing my own weed, which is not hard to do as long as you start with a quality seed. We (ma and me) like to start out the day with a cup of black coffee and some high percentage sativa, lately its been Durban Poison or Aussie Blues. This high percentage sativa gives us both mind and body energy. As the day progress, we toke to keep up the buzz. By late afternoon, we switch to something with less sativa, such as Jack Herer or Tutankhamon which slows the so called speed effect of the morning smoke. Around an hour or so from retiring to bed, we get down on the heavy indica stuff which works the opposite to our morning buzz and negates all of the sativa effect, the indica relaxes both mind and body, lately our choice of indica is Holy Grail and Blueberry Kush.
    So much for the effects of smoking.

Now as far as the medical effects go;
    There are occasions we go without smoking for a few days, usually while traveling. After a few days without our pot, our old bones are screaming at us for not taking better care of our bodies. Within minuets of firing up that first joint after going without for a few days, the old bones sort of chill out and all is well again. Another thing that comes to mind is my eyes. My vision is better now then it was before my style changed from toking to non stop smoking.
    Not sure if this winded narrative is what you were asking for, but it's the best I can do at the moment.

Spark up.

• Like Like x 1
  3. I use it for chronic pain, depression, anxiety, and insomnia. Lately I've discovered just how great edibles are for pain so I've almost exclusively switched to that and wax.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. I like the way it makes me feel.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. It relieves the arthritis pain in my back and it puts a smile on my face.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Cuz after 27 years of pot use, fuck authority. Ha ha no really man I smoke to get high. All forms no matters. Thc, cbd, edibles, concentrates. Just here for the buzz.

Sent from my LM-Q610(FGN) using Tapatalk

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. I like how it makes me feel, which is less depressed and anxious.

• Like Like x 3
  8. It calms me down... For example, like, I can feel the urge to want to punch someone in the face just leave my body when I exhale a bong - if i came to smoke just after getting angry at someone.

The emotion is still there, but it calms down the urge to act on the emotion, which helps me think about it more and approach the situation logically, in a way where retaliation - either form - is negated, or literally unjustified by the other person.

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
  9. Chronic muscle spasms. I also have Bipolar 1 and it helps a ton with my mood. I mostly make tinctures. I also use it because I love buds! Can medicine be a hobby as well? I say yes, but my wife disagrees ha ha.

• Like Like x 1
  10. ive smoked cannabis since i was 16 i am 69 now ...started smoking to get high/stoned ,,but now i grow for getting high and to relieve my aches and pains i get from cervical spondylosis (neck) and arthritis in my shoulders and other joints in my body ,,i have always smoked cannabis in joints ,,,mac,

• Like Like x 1
  11. I use it because without it functioning would not be possible physically or mentally. (Please note that I am not complaining because I am happy to be alive) Pancreatic cancer cost me half a pancreas and a spleen, have diabetes because of that, I have ulcerative colitis and Ankyloarthritis. I spend my days in tons of pain usually shitting my brains out or throwing up randomly, or my body feels wierd because my sugar levels are bad. All the time stressing about whether or not the cancer is going to come back. So yeah I use it for that, all day every day, in lotion, pill, dabs, edibles or vapes, hashes or just good old bud. If there is a way to get thc in my system I'm down. Sorry to prattle, just love talking about the benefits of Marijuana!

Sent from my SM-N960U using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  12. Started with back and knee problems and helped alleviate pain without need of OTC meds or opioids.

Then in 2011, had a major ACL tear and LCL , and meniscus damage that needed repair. They ended up taking muscle from my hamstring to reconstruct my knee. Was hopped on opioids after surgery for about 6 months and it was such a depressing point in my life. Cannabis helps alleviate a lot of the inflammation and pain I get on the daily with my knees.
    And like others have mentioned, it does help with social anxieties. Toke on :love-m3j::RoorRip:

• Like Like x 2
  13. Motivates me to get out and hike or clean the house, helps deal with any inflammation. It's very fun when I'm doing something creative. Lastly, when I'm in a crummy mood, it shifts my mood from bad to good. That's a lot of good medicine without any side effects.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. For me it’s for creativity and relaxation, similar to WeedCat above.
    I only use in the evenings,(not every evening) much like enjoying a martini after dinner

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Forgot about that, it also helped me get off oxycontin after surgery. Sorry to hear about the legs. Glad to hear another person who uses for pain when they would otherwise be on opiates and narcotics.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. The same reason a dog licks his balls...and insomnia.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. It helps with insomnia and helps to keep my back pain tolerable.

I only dab as of late.

Today's Forcast... Partly Cloudy With A Chance Of Amber.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Ahh Amber forecast for relaxation, i prefer sunny Golden yellow days myself. They tend to be smoother days.

19. I use it for sleep AND anti-anxiety!! Works amazing for both.

I also use it regularly, daily. No one I know who uses it daily ever gets sick.

I use a water bong now cause I only use about 1/2 amount to get just as high. Rolled joints are only for crowds now. Peace.

20. yea forgot to say in my post above a nice strong indica strain helped me back in 2011 to get me off oxycontin that id been on for 11 years,,,,,,mac