Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Poll: Legalization Question

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by BloodLust, Jun 3, 2011.

1. Do you think MJ will ever be legalized, if so when. Also I hear a lot of people say "it will never be legal because it can't be taxed" does any think that ISN'T true? I think MJ will be legal within the next 2 years.

2. Taxation has little to do with it, and it will eventually

3. All depends on how much effort people wanna put into it. We're much closer to legalisation now than we were say 20 years ago with the Cali vote and the end of the war on drugs. If I had to place a bet it'd either be no time soon or pretty soon, so like next year or something.

4. You would think knowledge would change the laws at some point, but DEFINITELY not in the next 2 years, at least not the whole country. More states have to decriminalize it first which is a great step like in Massachusetts and Michigan. I know some states have been looking to legalize it for tax revenue but something always seems to prevent that from actually happening. They were thinking about it in Rhode Island.

5. Yea taxes are only a tiny fraction of the argument, along with the fact... its HIGHLY taxable lol CO made 52 mil in MMJ taxes last year, it would defs bring revenue of grand quantities (the only way taxes would fail is if every stoner in the US grew their own when legal, and that wouldnt happen, people dont have the time/space/commitment, otherwise people wouldnt buy cigs and grow their own tobacco lol)
    I see legalization close on the horizon on state levels in many states, but i dont see a federal legalization for quite a few years still, they just wont put their tails inbetween their legs like that after what... 100 + years of fighting against it.... but i see some good shit happening on the cannabis battle grounds soon

6. #6 BloodLust, Jun 3, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Plus a lot of presidential candidates are Pro-Cannabis, not that it have a MAJOR impact, but every little bit counts. Especially from Texas, almost all Candidates from here are proMJ.